ReiNX Switch custom firmware version 1.6 now available

imageedit_6_9771888762.png
ReiSwitched is proud to announce the arrival of version 1.6!

What is ReiNX?:
It's a modular custom firmware for the Nintendo Switch that uses 'smart' patching for future proofing and just works.™ Official discussion thread here.

New features in version 1.6 include:
  • Self-chainloading: Allows the user to update their payload file without having to update the payload pushed through the PC (required for the toolkit - coming soon).
  • fs_mitm (LayeredFS) no longer on by default
  • Partial 6.0 support - LayeredFS not supported, and some issues with sleep mode remain
  • ReiNX custom version string
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience™

screenshot.jpg
Showing off a sexy custom version string

New webpage for ReiNX:

ReiNX toolkit now available!
 
Last edited by Quantumcat,
That's my way of wanting to explain everything to people. Maybe that's too much for lot of people, but I'm sure some would be happy to understand that.
I suppose Rei's explanation is enough. "replacement for album to loads homebrew menu".
 
Last edited by Cyan,
  • Like
Reactions: Minox
ban risk?
Same as any other hack, CFW, homebrew
"Process manager disables telemetry"

I assume this refers to disabling eclct. It doesn't disable telemetry though, just reduces it, and the remaining telemetry is still bannable.

I recommend clarifying that to make sure that people who don't know better won't go online without protection (which'd get them banned).

Edit: Apparently ReiNX doesn't even include pm, so the eclct stubbing doesn't even get applied.
 
Only one user has been banned for homebrew alone and he cleared error logs. If you're going to be pirating, your risks increases significantly regardless of which CFW you are using.
Ok I thought it was just for using reinx. I didn't pirate anything thank god.
 
Just a warning, if anyone got black screen after the anime girl pic, you need to update the firmware for 5.1. This new version of ReiNX doesn't works on lower firmwares.
 
really?
I hoped to stay on 4.1 and use it. maybe it's just a bug.

but the guide mention to update the firmware after using reinx, so it implied you could boot it on lower firmware.
 
really?
I hoped to stay on 4.1 and use it. maybe it's just a bug.

but the guide mention to update the firmware after using reinx, so it implied you could boot it on lower firmware.
its usable on any FW, rei just pushed a fix that will reflect on the release page soon
 
  • Like
Reactions: raphamotta and Cyan
its usable on any FW, rei just pushed a fix that will reflect on the release page soon

I was having that issue as well. But I did not have the exfat update installed on my switch. (It is 4.1 FW, never connected to the internet). Will I still be able to go into ReiNX without the exfat update.

If not, is there any new way to get it installed without upgrading?

Edit: by new way I mean not the long process that is already available.
 
Last edited by Bullseye,
Anyone getting this white screen after injecting the payload? Yesterday i update the files in my sd an work well, but today i cant get the cfw... :(
 

Attachments

  • 7D099EF3-29C5-4521-816A-EE1DB5E31139.jpeg
    7D099EF3-29C5-4521-816A-EE1DB5E31139.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 243
Now ReiNX just needs a working FTP implementation (all the other ones I've found so far - 1 Kip and 2 Homebrew (V1 and V2) crash the Switch when you attempt to move files over to it or from it) and working LFS and it'll be pretty much the perfect CFW available at the moment.
 
Now ReiNX just needs a working FTP implementation (all the other ones I've found so far - 1 Kip and 2 Homebrew (V1 and V2) crash the Switch when you attempt to move files over to it or from it) and working LFS and it'll be pretty much the perfect CFW available at the moment.
honestly homebrew is quite fucked with SD cards writes and everything...so i dont know if theres much we can do on that front but it is being tackled
 
XCI loading (similar to SX OS)?. I am just curious I will probably be getting SX OS anyway (unless emuNAND comes REALLY soon with ReiNX).
 
XCI loading (similar to SX OS)?. I am just curious I will probably be getting SX OS anyway (unless emuNAND comes REALLY soon with ReiNX).
No xci loading yet, xci installation is coming sometime soon.

Whenever someone makes emunand, all cfws will have it, but it's a long way off anyway.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted