Registrations Closed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Sep 17, 2003
    Swaziland
    Switzerland
    yeah... he just managed to slip in under the arms of our mighty ban-duck [​IMG]

2. The Teej

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    n00bs are annoying newbies who don't read the rules.... newbs are just new people that read the rules and try to fit in the forums quite nicely and don't start any havoc.

3. morrisseyshair

morrisseyshair GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2004
    United States
    Orange County, California
    Man, Tjalian is just giving up more reasons to hate web speak.

As for the disabling registrations to help clean things up a bit, goof news.

4. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    What's with the "errr" before the "maintenance"?

5. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    maybe a typo ?

6. Xeago

Xeago Insert witty phrase here.

Oct 30, 2002
    Canada
    Hamilton
    WHEW!
    That was close....
    Glad I made it in when I did...!

7. Legend

Legend .missing

Jun 30, 2003
    Canada
    Valhalla
    Heh...I dunno if that's such a wise idea. I mean, I ain't exactly one who likes "private" webpages or forums. Basically, I think this is a stupid idea, as everyone deserves an equal chance.

Mind you, I have no say in the matter, as I "left" this forum about a month ago, due to idiocy of every other person.

Happy trails.

8. Puck The Joker

Puck The Joker Puck, The Arrogant Phuck

Banned
    Nov 3, 2002
    Avalon
    Hmmm, lets see...

* Close registrations for a few days, maybe a week to fix some annoying bugs in the forum.

OR

* Leave registrations open and listen to everyone bitch and moan when the bugs in the system get worse and worse.

Thats a really tough choice.

By the way, if you left, why are you still here, and why bother formulating an opinion?

9. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Lol did you even read this?

It's (gba)temporary, the site's undergoing some changes I think so they closed registeration, and Tempest also pointed out that registeration will be open again after 2 weeks max.

10. |Wolf|

|Wolf| Lord of the Wolves

Apr 4, 2004
    Canada
    Whoa so much speculation about some DB maintenance...let me introduce a word related to maintenance: "backup" like backuping the users' DB (or any other part of the DB) in case of a crash. I guess the "errr" in the anounce is/was because doing backups often implies complications.

11. Revolution Die

Revolution Die Awkward Silence

Banned
    Oct 25, 2002
    United States
    Unknown
    just ban everyone

12. Jei

Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Oct 17, 2003
    Brazil
    Zillions of pixels far away~
    It's pretty sad that people talks abot newbies as they were nocive to the forums ^^; c'mon, it's just ignoring the ones who waks only for the roms XD

But still, it could be nice to do some clean up on the 0-posters or "1 post asking for roms" users [​IMG]

13. Dark[Devil]

Dark[Devil] `^^`

Jun 20, 2003
    United States
    New Jersey
    That would solve all the problems wouldn't it? [​IMG]

14. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    meh it happens everywhere, I always see old people on the bus chatting about "the youth of today"

15. djgarf

djgarf I Am A Raver

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    England U.K.
    then your post and your opinions are worthless
    why didnt u stay gone if u dislike us so much?

16. ShadowXP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 20, 2002
    Just go already. Don't even bother checking up on the place. You're idiotic for saying that the place is idiotic and drawing attention to yourself. So just leave, most of us think there is nothing wrong with this place. It's just people like you who stir up trouble.

17. Mehdi

Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

May 31, 2004
    Netherlands
    I like gbatemp enough to visit it daily XD. Don't post a lot but I like the different opinions members have about certain issues. So... I don;t exactly know what you mean by idiocy since I haven';t noticed anyone being a idiot but you Legend.

18. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Thank you shady_chocobo, it's people like you that make it worth putting in the effort to try and make gbatemp a great place.
    Perhaps some of you don't realise the amount of work that some people put in to make a place like this run, the amount of time, commitment and money. Don't just sit there and take it all for granted, many people have sacrificed a lot to attempt to make gbatemp a better place. When a forum like this has been operational for 3+ years it's quite a strain to actually keep it going and improving it.

So please dont bitch like some of you have about registrations being closed for a week or two (a minor inconvenience), because some people are putting in effort behind the scenes to get gbatemp running smoother for you the members.

19. Djang

Djang GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2002
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    It's so hard to forget that we were all Noobs ones [​IMG]

20. Euronymous

Euronymous GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2003
    Canada
    Toronto
    I can't remember when I joined so I am posting to see