Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:excl: New User Registrations Temporarily Closed
We have temporarily disabled the option for new members to register at GBAtemp, for, errr maintenance!
wink2.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YAY! No more noobs!

I mean....... that's very sad, very sad indeed.....
frown.gif

Secret: I think this has something to do with the auto-noob-suspender that Luse or Puck mentioned once.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
mohahhahahahaha.... i just hope that it isn't that sensitive... like.. a bot on some irc channel... like.. i said something like: "OOh im excited to see what the next rom relese is..." and it kick-banned me for "Romrequesting
sleep.gif

but sounds nice!

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe because too many members causes too many sql queries which causes lag on the server which also causes gbatemp to use up a lot of banwidth...maybe.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The more people sign up, the more difficult it is to work on the database. Remember how the forum had a few glitches in the last few weeks? We've found what part of the problem is, and in order to fix it, we need the member database to be more or less constant. Hence, disabled registrations.

I don't expect them to be down for more than, oh, two weeks at the longest, a few days at the shortest... but I'm not one of the ones working directly with the nuts and bolts of the system. Don't worry about it, though, it'll be back to normal (and hopefully somewhat smoother) shortly.

-Tempest out.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1