• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it doesn't work, it should say something about the game being incompatible with your region, so something else must be wrong.

Uzeir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
if it doesn't work, it should say something about the game being incompatible with your region, so something else must be wrong.

I have Coldboot haxchi on Japanese version console. EUR version of games, like Zelda breath of the wild, Donkey Kong, NFS and other haven't any problem with the loading, only few games MK8 EUR, Bayoneta EUR and STARFOX ZERO EUR is stuck on title screen. Listed games (MK8, Bayoneta, STARFOX ZERO) i can play only in Japanese version.

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think some game like mariokart need editing to be region free compatible:

From the loadiine compatibility page:
'
JPN: Mario Kart 8 how to change language:
1. go to content/ui/ee and copy all .mbst files there (do not copy .szs file this causes Encryption DSI occurred!!)
2. go to content/ui/jp and paste the .mbst files(from the ee folder) here
3. You're good to go. the game will boot normally
'

It was for mariokart jap on loadiine but you should have to do it for mariokart jap on nand or usb.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I thought it was just that one game. you might try using ourloader. I think it's for discs though. it's region free as well.

Uzeir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan

'
1. go to content/ui/ee and copy all .mbst files there (do not copy .szs file this causes Encryption DSI occurred!!)
'

It was for mariokart jap on loadiine but you should have to do it for mariokart jap on nand or usb.

Thx. I have check with your tutorial. Its working for Loadiine. After copying all .mbst files from ee to jp folder MK8 loading with English subtitles. But when i convert from "loadiine" to "wup installer" through "NUSPacker" MK8 is still stuck on first screen. Any idea?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh, I thought it was just that one game. you might try using ourloader. I think it's for discs though. it's region free as well.
only few that I have listed above has a problem with loading. i think console check region itself, game region and doesn't want to load game from another region. Please advise how i can fix ?

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thx. I have check with your tutorial. Its working for Loadiine. After copying all .mbst files from ee to jp folder MK8 loading with English subtitles. But when i convert from "loadiine" to "wup installer" through "NUSPacker" MK8 is still stuck on first screen. Any idea?
Never used NUSPacker, sorry.
As alternative you could try via ftpeverywhere.
only few that I have listed above has a problem with loading. i think console check region itself, game region and doesn't want to load game from another region. Please advise how i can fix ?
With loadiine, NusPacker or ftpeverywhere, find a way to copy and rename some files from 'en to ja' and from 'enus to jaja'...
It will be trials and errors, start without update or dlc...

cerebrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ive follow this tutorial:

But...
I've changed 1 to 119. on my wii u Japan. and ive tried 5 games... Only 2 works, 3 NOT works. The game freeze when starting to run... Works: Nintendo Land and Mario Bros U NOT works: Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World and NES Remix Pack. Whats happening?

PS:

OMG... i've semi bricked my wii u... i change region of my JAP wii u to "2" (USA) and i cannot enter in any app (Browser, Configurations, etc)... because the apps is JAP... WHAT I GONNA DO? @_@

Last edited by cerebrol,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG... i've semi bricked my wii u... i change region of my JAP wii u to "2" (USA) and i cannot enter in any app (Browser, Configurations, etc)... because the apps is JAP... WHAT I GONNA DO? @_@
If you did a NAND backup, or at least grabbed your otp per the community hack guide on this site, then you have the opportunity to do the hardmod and recover the system. If you've already rebooted and you don't have your otp bin, you have a useless system.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the first person to do this.

Edit:
Maybe you can at least get into Wii Mod and use the console for Wii titles. Does that start? (press B at startup?)

Last edited by nexusmtz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it's probably best to keep a copy of that file. I have a copy of mine unedited just in case. I changed my console to region free despite there being no reason to (on cbhc), and I just left it that way. are you able to open any digital games? I'm wondering if an installed homebrew launcher channel would work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ive follow this tutorial:

But...
I've changed 1 to 119. on my wii u Japan. and ive tried 5 games... Only 2 works, 3 NOT works. The game freeze when starting to run... Works: Nintendo Land and Mario Bros U NOT works: Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World and NES Remix Pack. Whats happening?

PS:

For the record some games won't work with this method either because they're looking for language files that aren't there or because the game checks the console region. But with Spiik the console region/language is faked so every game should work. So this method isn't actually needed anymore.
I cant do nothing? Semi bricked forever?
Like people said you need a NAND backup or a OTP dump, and a hardmod to flash the NAND with.

y1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
For the record some games won't work with this method either because they're looking for language files that aren't there or because the game checks the console region. But with Spiik the console region/language is faked so every game should work. So this method isn't actually needed anymore.

Like people said you need a NAND backup or a OTP dump, and a hardmod to flash the NAND with.

I tried Super Mario 3D World, Yoshi Wolly World, Minecraft, Mario Kart 8 and more it doesn't work with Spiik. Only few of them will work such as Zelda Twilight, Shovel Knight.

I have JPN WiiU try to run US WiiU games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried Super Mario 3D World, Yoshi Wolly World, Minecraft, Mario Kart 8 and more it doesn't work with Spiik. Only few of them will work such as Zelda Twilight, Shovel Knight.

You're selecting US region and English language in Spiik right? You have to choose the region/language of the game you're trying to play, not the region/language of your console.

y1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You're selecting US region and English language in Spiik right? You have to choose the region/language of the game you're trying to play, not the region/language of your console.
Yes, I'm choosing Region = USA , Language = English
Still got stuck in boot loop. Do you have any suggestion?

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France

'
'

And for Super Mario World 3D USA with JAP console :
-in the "content\LuigiBros\msg" folder, "USA_en" must be renamed to "JAP_ja".
-in the "content\LocalizedData", folder "UsEn" must be renamed to "JpJa".

source:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: