Region Unlocking vWii on Wii U

jonakeloh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run the Japanese-exclusive Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games on my hacked Wii U, but its region locked and can't get it to run.

I tried Priiloader but got a message saying not to run it on Wii-U.

I tried a custom firmware on the Wii U, but it didn't work either.

Basically, how do I region-unlock the vWii on Wii U? Already got the homebrew channels on both vWii and Wii U.

jonakeloh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried GeckoOS, but it only loads from the disc drive. I'm trying to run a Wiiware game.

Gecko does function though, I'll keep it for future use.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried GeckoOS, but it only loads from the disc drive. I'm trying to run a Wiiware game.

Gecko does function though, I'll keep it for future use.
Oooh. I was unaware that was a WiiWare game. I'm out of ideas. I'm not sure if you can region unlock WiiWare.

jonakeloh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if need be, I have a hacked Wii I can try Priiloader on. I'll try that right now and let you know
Post automatically merged:

Priiloader did not work, although I have my Wii hooked up to a small CRT and the text on Priiloader was hard to read. I may have missed something but I don't think I did.

But since I've got my Wii involved, I'm willing to be more experimental with it than my Wii U, I'll try some other stuff. I will keep this page updated if I manage to figure something out.
Post automatically merged:

Figured it out. Used ShowMiiWads (a Windows application, not Homebrew) to make the WAD region free. Then just used WiiModLite to install it again.

Last edited by jonakeloh,
Reactions: ZipMartin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.