Hacking Region free

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i can see what your upset about. but at that time they didn`t know that ntsc-j wii could only boot up ntsc-j discs. they had a pal system so had no idea if that was the case.

If they have no idea if it works, you don't write that it works in a review. Just because Wiikey can do it doesn't mean that Wiinja or any other mod chip can do it. I give the review an F.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's sad because we've already had so many lies with MC, I'd hate to see gbatemp go the same route.Â

I'm going to assume it's a mistake. I PM'ed shaunj and hopefully he'll fix it.
GBATemp is in no way going the same route as MaxConsole.
MaxConsole is just spreading bullshit and everything to bring down any other chip then CycloWiz, because they get money from every CycloWiz sold.
GBATemp doesn't make any profit for the Wiinja's sold.

The review was made using a PAL Wii console, so the region lock between 2 NTSC consoles was not testable by GBATemp. Also you can read here that it was not clear at the moment if it was supported.
The assuming that it was supported, is because it was assumed that all chips coming were the same and WiiKey suddenly told they had the ability to play NTSC-J games on a NTSC-U console. Also Wiinja was able to play all PAL games from other countries, so the reviewer assumed it was only locked between PAL and NTSC.
So the statement is wrong and should be fixed asap, but no evilness was involved and a comparison with MaxConsole is not right here.

The WiiKey will support region unlocking between NTSC-U and NTSC-J and limited (don't know exactly what to expect) region unlocking between PAL and NTSC. So I'd go for the WiiKey for region stuff.
Also the CycloWiz now claims that their new shipment will support the new chips and that they got WiiKey's code for region unlocking and have implented that also. However, I'm not gonna recommend them as they seem unreliable and because I hate maxconsole's wiichipsnews lately, also there are no advantages above the WiiKey so just get WiiKey...

-KangaRod-

OP
Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
The assuming that it was supported, is because it was assumed that all chips coming were the same and WiiKey suddenly told they had the ability to play NTSC-J games on a NTSC-U console. Also Wiinja was able to play all PAL games from other countries, so the reviewer assumed it was only locked between PAL and NTSC.
So the statement is wrong and should be fixed asap, but no evilness was involved and a comparison with MaxConsole is not right here.
this all comes back to assuming; and when doing reviews of a chip you shouldn't assume what its features are. If you don't know, don't make claims. I like the fact that kicktrading.ca is carring the cyclowiz, because I like to do business with them.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
this all comes back to assuming; and when doing reviews of a chip you shouldn't assume what its features are. If you don't know, don't make claims.

I like the fact that kicktrading.ca is carring the cyclowiz, because I like to do business with them.
True, it was wrong to put information that's not known for sure in a review.

About the CycloWiz, well from the feautures at the moment it seems a nice product (or actually just a WiiKey clone, but WiiKey = nice). I'd suggest you wait for a reliable unbiased review first though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast