Homebrew Region free on 10.5

Gordons Alive!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I'd post here instead of creating my own thread.

Ok I just got the new sky3ds card today (orange button) for my old 3DS xl which is on 10.5 and I've managed to launch the homebrew channel. Problem I have is nothing will install within the homebrew launcher. Ive tried installing cia files via the fbi app and each one just fails.

Now all these particular cia files are placed on the root of my sd card. I mainly just want to play different region games on this sky3ds card. I placed story of seasons and fire emblem on the card which are both EUR versions and then put "yo kai watch" on which is USA and this doesn't show when I use the orange button to cycle through games.

Has anyone have any ideas? Besides a couple of cia files I just placed the relevant files from the homebrew starter kit on the sd card.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I didn't understand you well, I have installed cia HBL over H&S, just like every other game and lunched it from main menu, also like every other game.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I'd post here instead of creating my own thread.

Ok I just got the new sky3ds card today (orange button) for my old 3DS xl which is on 10.5 and I've managed to launch the homebrew channel. Problem I have is nothing will install within the homebrew launcher. Ive tried installing cia files via the fbi app and each one just fails.

Now all these particular cia files are placed on the root of my sd card. I mainly just want to play different region games on this sky3ds card. I placed story of seasons and fire emblem on the card which are both EUR versions and then put "yo kai watch" on which is USA and this doesn't show when I use the orange button to cycle through games.

Has anyone have any ideas? Besides a couple of cia files I just placed the relevant files from the homebrew starter kit on the sd card.
You can't install CIAs on 10.5.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't understand you well, I have installed cia HBL over H&S, just like every other game and lunched it from main menu, also like every other game.
You should install your CIAs using FBI. You should only first inject FBI to H&S, then install the FBI.cia from that, then you don't need to touch H&S again.

Gordons Alive!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't install CIAs on 10.5.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should install your CIAs using FBI. You should only first inject FBI to H&S, then install the FBI.cia from that, then you don't need to touch H&S again.

Ahh that explains it then thanks. Anyone have any ideas how to do the region free thing then if installing cia is out of the question.

Gordons Alive!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At the top of the HBL there is a Region free laucher. Just hit A on it then your game will appear, A again and boom.

Not sure if I have a dodgy copy of the game then as it doesn't appear on my sky card when cycling through. Unless it just has to be on the card on its own. On that region free launcher it's as if the card is blank. Like I said in a previous post my 2 eur games show up in the cycle.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if I have a dodgy copy of the game then as it doesn't appear on my sky card when cycling through. Unless it just has to be on the card on its own. On that region free launcher it's as if the card is blank. Like I said in a previous post my 2 eur games show up in the cycle.
Sounds like a bad ROM then. It always worked for me when I used my old Sky3DS. If you can PM me the exact ROM I can give it a try as well.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Virdoo use boot ntr or free multi patcher or hans, if you have trouble starting the game(blackscreen), you need to use ntr with language emulation plugin or hans.
ntr and freeMultiPatcher will make your systemmenu regionfree, till you restart your 3ds

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
At the top of the HBL there is a Region free laucher. Just hit A on it then your game will appear, A again and boom.

I did that, game started, but on sysnand.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi,

Is it possible to run out of region games on 10.5 emunand? Something like regionfour
Uhm. If HomeBrew is bootable in any way on the current version, region free is available for it. ( Download the starter pack and it should be there. )

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Problem is solved with freeMultiPatcher. Can someone explain me how to boot directly into emunand instead of sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte