Homebrew Region Changing without 4.x sysNAND?

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of curious how you got it to run with MenuHax since the github releases don't include a 3dsx. I would kind of like to know in case I need Decrypt9 later (as some things do use it.) As I said though, rxTools saves me the trouble of all that now. Now I just have to get past the CIA installation part. DevMenu aborts on one of my titles regardless of the tutorial says and, unfortunately this bricked my emuNAND so I've had to restore a backup. (I do wonder if I just have the wrong version of DevMenu since they specifically say "6.22" which doesn't even remotely resemble the version style used in the only working DevMenu I've found so far. (Something like 0.15b or something of the general sort. I don't have it open now to see.)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm kind of curious how you got it to run with MenuHax since the github releases don't include a 3dsx. I would kind of like to know in case I need Decrypt9 later (as some things do use it.) As I said though, rxTools saves me the trouble of all that now. Now I just have to get past the CIA installation part. DevMenu aborts on one of my titles regardless of the tutorial says and, unfortunately this bricked my emuNAND so I've had to restore a backup. (I do wonder if I just have the wrong version of DevMenu since they specifically say "6.22" which doesn't even remotely resemble the version style used in the only working DevMenu I've found so far. (Something like 0.15b or something of the general sort. I don't have it open now to see.)
i don't know what github decrypt9 releases you are looking at, are you looking at the official ones?
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9/releases
i see there is a new one posted 4 hours ago, i guess that will work fine too, but i used the older one. (3dsx)
devmenu is very good but you will not be able to removed the duplicate system titles with it, fbi can do that.

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that would be a fork called Decrypt9WIP, not the official. That's fine though. I'll give it a shot in the future.

Anyway, piece of good news. I managed to get sysUpdater to install as a CIA (I'm scared to run it any other way in emuNAND, though it's probably fine through Homebrew Launcher) and installed the 9.5 US update files from it. No errors. When it rebooted, I quickly caught rxTools and injected the poor 2DS's SecureInfo_A and now am doing a system format. Looks like this worked.

Reactions: cearp

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The confusing part is which files do I use? The all inclusive CSVs? Do I grab the ALL .txt file under CSV for the 9.5U and the 9.1J and compare those two? If it's not the all it just shows the last changes. Would I then have to use the changes for each version between 9.1 and 9.5?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes. The confusing part is which files do I use? The all inclusive CSVs? Do I grab the ALL .txt file under CSV for the 9.5U and the 9.1J and compare those two? If it's not the all it just shows the last changes. Would I then have to use the changes for each version between 9.1 and 9.5?
use the csv from the fw+region you were on, and the fw+region you are now on
it will show the changes, the titles that existed in your 1st fw that do not exist in the 2nd fw.
then you can remove them with fbi or something

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which file of those two though?

BTW, is there any information at all on how to find a donor SecureInfo_A? I want to put a donor one on that 2DS now for safety reasons.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Which file of those two though?
BTW, is there any information at all on how to find a donor SecureInfo_A? I want to put a donor one on that 2DS now for safety reasons.
how to find? well it has to come from a console.
or, you can edit it but it won't work without hax that i don't think any cfw have publicly implemented because some think it is unethical etc (the secureinfo also has the console id). so, don't do it for sysnand.
which file? you mean what do you input into the program?
csv files from the website yls8.mtheall ... it should say in the topic i think. or did i misunderstand you?

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to find? well it has to come from a console.
or, you can edit it but it won't work without hax that i don't think any cfw have publicly implemented because some think it is unethical etc (the secureinfo also has the console id). so, don't do it for sysnand.
No no, I got that from my backup 2DS system. I want to put a generic donor SecureInfo_A into my 2DS now. But I'm having zero luck googling. Am I not googling the right thing or does everyone just assume you can google it without actually trying to do so?

csv files from the website yls8.mtheall ... it should say in the topic i think. or did i misunderstand you?
Ok, take for example this page (I went to 9.5.0-23U): http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php?date=03-02-15_07-05-11&sys=ktr
Do I want the report? The title list? Should I select the one under "ALL" or just the US? (In fact, which one is US? I don't see it in there...) I notice in the page for 9.5.0-22U there is only an E and an ALL, so I guess E is USA?

It's confusing to figure out just what CSVs to actually compare and for that matter WHICH CSVs of the CSVs for each...

Last edited by Nazosan,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No no, I got that from my backup 2DS system. I want to put a generic donor SecureInfo_A into my 2DS now. But I'm having zero luck googling. Am I not googling the right thing or does everyone just assume you can google it without actually trying to do so?

Ok, take for example this page (I went to 9.5.0-23U): http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php?date=03-02-15_07-05-03&sys=ctr
Do I want the report? The title list? Should I select the one under "ALL" or just the US? (In fact, which one is US? I don't see it in there...) I notice in the page for 9.5.0-22U there is only an E and an ALL, so I guess E is USA?

It's confusing to figure out just what CSVs to actually compare and for that matter WHICH CSVs of the CSVs for each...
the title list csv... not the report csv
the report only has the changed info from the previous fw :)

a generic secureinfo file, well, it has to come from someone's console. but if you just want one that is not yours, then there should be some on 8dsiso i guess.

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried searching there too. No luck so far.

BTW, I just noticed there is a list at the bottom of the main page that shows each title and which version is in which update. It's more work, but why not just parse that and compare?

Oh and are you saying E isn't Europe? Because otherwise I don't think there IS a CSV for US 9.5.

Last edited by Nazosan,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I tried searching there too. No luck so far.

BTW, I just noticed there is a list at the bottom of the main page that shows each title and which version is in which update. It's more work, but why not just parse that and compare?

Oh and are you saying E isn't Europe? Because otherwise I don't think there IS a CSV for US 9.5.
E is usa right, and P is europe
csv is very easy to parse :)

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll give that a shot. I never really confirmed, but exactly how do I make 100% sure which title I'm looking at in FBI to delete from the NAND? It likes to list most things as being basically the same thing apparently.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Alright, I'll give that a shot. I never really confirmed, but exactly how do I make 100% sure which title I'm looking at in FBI to delete from the NAND? It likes to list most things as being basically the same thing apparently.
it shows the title id right? that is all you need to know.
if it doesn't show the title id for each item then that's a problem

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see it now. On the bottom it lists everything as stuff like 0710builder over and over with each having three or four entries.

That thing sure generated a long list of title IDs. Kind of worryingly long. I think I'll be making an emuNAND backup first, lol.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Oh I see it now. On the bottom it lists everything as stuff like 0710builder over and over with each having three or four entries.

That thing sure generated a long list of title IDs. Kind of worryingly long. I think I'll be making an emuNAND backup first, lol.
let me know how it goes

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after a really long and exhausting process it seems to have bricked my emuNAND. Empty black screen and never loading every time whether I use rxTools or Gateway. Lucky thing I made a backup first. I think I'll deal with the duplicates and hope that doesn't cause trouble later. I have learned one thing from all this: the 3DS scene really really NEEDS some sort of scripting thing that can do stuff like install/delete titles among other things via script. (I could also imagine this being excellent for stuff like region switching and downgrading in a far far more reliable way.) I doubt it's related, but there was ONE title that I just couldn't find no matter how I searched. If I could have gotten it to boot I could have just reinstalled the normal 9.5 CIAs and been sure nothing was missing, but since it wouldn't boot emuNAND at all there was nothing I could really do.

I did find a donor SecureInfo_A file in the MEGA folder with all the system update files, but... It seems to have bricked my backup 2DS. (I wonder if I somehow switched with the wrong region one or something?) Recovery mode downloads the latest system update, but still a dead black screen on every bootup. Even with no memory card or anything. This system might become my "learn how to do a hardmod" system it seems.

Last edited by Nazosan,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
maybe nativefirm was a problem if you were trying to update that.
gw for example doesn't update your nativefirm so that can cause problems.

anyway, people have region changed the n3ds, there must be threads on it with more advice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday