berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I changed my Wii's shop region to japan to download and pack the japanese only channels into region free WAD's.
Once set back to the UK everything works fine.....Except for the news channel, I always get a 117404 error.
But other 24connect-ed channels (like the weather and wii shop) work flawlessly.
I also softmodded the console in other ways, it's proberly not the cause of the problem but if it helps, here is my post on my backup problems:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128412

Also as a side question;

Wii Shop Region Codes?
I found a full list of the wii shop region codes for use with anyregion changer, but i cant find it again!..?
All i can remember is 1=Japan, 110=UK and 49=USA
Theres about 200 codes.

Could anyone post the address of a website with the full wii shop region code list.

(I also posted the second question on yahoo answers, just so you know if you try google-ing for it, besides I wouldn't bother posting there anyways.)
(It's got about a day left to answer)

berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ashesburn, you're a star!
I looked through WiiBrew but because I was using very specific key words for the search it came back with weird results.

Now if only I can solve my 2 other problems I'll have the perfect system...
Thanks again Ashesburn.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
berger20 said:
Ashesburn, you're a star!
I looked through WiiBrew but because I was using very specific key words for the search it came back with weird results.

Now if only I can solve my 2 other problems I'll have the perfect system...
Thanks again Ashesburn.

No problem. I know exactly what you mean. I was lucky to find this list of country codes while using Any Region Changer to switch from 3.2J to 3.2U.
smile.gif

I'm not sure why you are having problems with the news channel though. Mine worked properly even after switching over. I'm guessing it has something to do with channels in wrong region.

Not sure whether it'll help but have you tried installing Starfall? It has a free region channel feature.

berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had starfall installed, but it didn't make any difference enabled or not.
In the end i just formatted my Wii system which sorted out my news channel.

Sadly formatting doesn't completely restore the system:

- my version stayed at 3.2e, instead of reverting back to 3.3e
- all cIOS/IOS's were still installed
- hidden channels weren't removed

So i'm still not any closer to backed disc reading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom