Hacking Region changer is unsafe

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hellz said:
You surprised? On a forum filled with members that I've just described? Noone else apart from members on his forum had instigated it, more selfish GBAtempers started the flaming and criticizing of bushing because they apparently all know more than he damn well does about hacking the Wii.

Wow a lot of opinion about this site for a 4 post noobie.. don't like this site eh ?

easy answer...... ?____ ___?

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol call me whatever you want, I've been browsing these forums since December. And you've just proved my point, GBAtetmp does have a lot of childish, stupid and narrow-minded members.

And no, I do like the site, it's just the attitudes of a lot of the members that I don't like.

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellz said:
Lol call me whatever you want, I've been browsing these forums since December. And you've just proved my point, GBAtetmp does have a lot of childish, stupid and narrow-minded members.

And no, I do like the site, it's just the attitudes of a lot of the members that I don't like.

Leave ? if you don't like it.

Because it clear that the only trouble here is people hating on Waninkoko and gbatempers who actually are grateful for his tools. Also now it's just habit everytime Waninkoko releases anything at all, for people like you to come on to these forums and start attcking everyone on it, every single release, every one, without fail.

I ask 'do they really deserve to be attacked' ? because you easily stop it by by not posting anymore.

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you read? I am not hating on Waninkoko, I stated before that I have used Waninkoko's tools and uilities very gratefully, the fact that GBAtemp members have a problem with bushings statement that his region changer is unsafe is what gets to me. For fucks sake bushing does all the work and then gets rejected because of stubborn idiots after one well-informed statement. Bushing is the one giving a lot of help and advice to Waninkoko, he's the one that chose to ignore it and rush the release of a region changer.

Why can't I attack Waninkoko's region changer if bushing has stated that it causes semi-bricks? His other releases I like, especially his cIOS's. But fuck me, one bit of criticism and bam, true colours are shown from a lot of GBAtemp members.

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellz said:
Don't you read? I am not hating on Waninkoko, I stated before that I have used Waninkoko's tools and uilities very gratefully, the fact that GBAtemp members have a problem with bushings statement that his region changer is unsafe is what gets to me. For fucks sake bushing does all the work and then gets rejected because of stubborn idiots after one well-informed statement. Bushing is the one giving a lot of help and advice to Waninkoko, he's the one that chose to ignore it and rush the release of a region changer.

Why can't I attack Waninkoko's region changer if bushing has stated that it causes semi-bricks? His other releases I like, especially his cIOS's. But fuck me, one bit of criticism and bam, true colours are shown from a lot of GBAtemp members.

There's nothing wrong with it, does what is says on the tin, it changes the region. Sorting your firmware out and chip setup is obvious and all the tools are available and tested already to do it.

carry on hating

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK then genious, I believe you. Yet noone believes that it can semi-brick your Wii. Again, what is your problem/doubting with bushing?

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Hellz give it up mate. After some time you get resistant to posts full of flames against wiibrew/wiidev and full of errors about hardware/software questions about the wii.

BTW This year's award of the year for the best post goes to marcan:
marcan said:
Somehow, this place manages to avoid the devastating imposion that should happen when such a critical mass of absolute idiots is reached.

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hellz said:

oi just because he said it creates semi-bricks ok its an ok reason to flame a bit but if any has brains youll use the downgrader and downgrade to wat ever region youv swapped to because his region chaNGER modifies what is there then you need to get the rest but this is just me free balling aslso his new downgrader gives u option to swap region also so you swap region and downgrade= no more semi bricks oh and his new downgrader 1.1...
Edit : and it does infact semi-brick but thats why we got this new update as i semibricked when i went from jap to usa(semi so downgraded) to pal(semi so downgraded) all on one wii originaly jap and everything works fine after downgrading this is the last thing i want to say on this subject

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellz said:
OK then genious, I believe you. Yet noone believes that it can semi-brick your Wii. Again, what is your problem/doubting with bushing?

Oh I see now. If only there was some way to fix a semi-brick ? hmmmmmmm, thinking hard here, I know If i pretend a fix doesn't exist I can carry on an internet argument and insult gbatemp and it's members at will, coooooooooool

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh I guess so mate, GBAtemp can be useful, and i has been to me quite a lot, but I'm glad there are a few havens away from here with genuine support and non-idiotic discussions and contributions. And marcan's post really did cheer me up when reading this topic!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hellz said:
Heh I guess so mate, GBAtemp can be useful, and i has been to me quite a lot, but I'm glad there are a few havens away from here with genuine support and non-idiotic discussions and contributions. And marcan's post really did cheer me up when reading this topic!

LOL at Crappi3, hit the nail on the head mate.

@ Hellz, I really really really DO believe totally that Marcan's hate post cheered you up. I have no doubt what so ever about this statement in any way at all. You tell the truth.

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quoting myself from before:

"And why would a developer NOT want to warn people about dangerous software even though there may be a fix for it? It's like telling someone to not worry about installing dodgy virus-ridden software on their PC because they've got a virus remover."

Anyway, I've had my say, tried to listen and be understanding over the past few months, but I'm done. Childish remarks and insults and responses I just can't get to grips with.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
on a side note, downgrader 1.1 is out, which does both the downgrade/system menu update AND the region change in one app, preventing the semibrick (given you select to do both).

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
on a side note, downgrader 1.1 is out, which does both the downgrade/system menu update AND the region change in one app, preventing the semibrick (given you select to do both).
theres gona be something wrong with that tho, hasnt there? anything? anything at all? bushing n marcan should help wanin make it safer tbh, not citisize it. at least then the community would be better

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
Arakon said:
theres gona be something wrong with that tho, hasnt there? anything? anything at all? bushing n marcan should help wanin make it safer tbh, not citisize it. at least then the community would be better
actualy because its one prgram with two i never walk away with a semi =3

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It seems, there is a lot of Waninkoko love and a lot of Team Twiizers hate. It seems a lot like Tall Poppy Syndrome if you ask me. I've never seen Team Twiizers act arrogantly or elitist. Can anyone point me in the direction of this? It just seems to be self conceived.

sidneyyoung said:
Wow a lot of opinion about this site for a 4 post noobie.. don't like this site eh ?

easy answer...... ?____ ___?

So Bushing who has 16 posts would be a noobie too?

crappi3pappy said:
Oh I see now. If only there was some way to fix a semi-brick ? hmmmmmmm, thinking hard here, I know If i pretend a fix doesn't exist I can carry on an internet argument and insult gbatemp and it's members at will, coooooooooool

And who created the fix of the semi-brick? The semi-brick shouldn't even be occurring, had the software been properly tested and then released.

QUOTE(linkinworm @ Aug 2 2008, 08:50 AM)

Who's to say, bushing and marcan aren't working on their own region changer? Why should bushing and marcan be helping wanin to make it safer? Can you imagine, if they concentrated their time on other people's projects and not their own? Sorta like Apple working with Microsoft.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kiljaeden said:
And who created the fix of the semi-brick? The semi-brick shouldn't even be occurring, had the software been properly tested and then released.

actually, you are wrong there. the semi-brick after region change is caused by the wii itself, not in any way by the region changer. the brick happens because the systemmenu looks for files that don't exist.
even nintendo has the same issue on their devkits.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arakon said:
Kiljaeden said:

actually, you are wrong there. the semi-brick after region change is caused by the wii itself, not in any way by the region changer. the brick happens because the systemmenu looks for files that don't exist.
even nintendo has the same issue on their devkits.

So how does the semi-brick occur?

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the system menu itself looks for certain files (such as the options menu files) in different folders depending on the region setting. the only way to prevent a semi-brick would be to install the matching region's system menu along with the region change (as the new version of downgrader does), or to actually patch and modify the system menu to look for the "right" files. the latter would be a lot more risky than even installing a full system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol