Not open for further replies.

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
TempusC said:
EDIT: Oh, and btw, I am very glad it won't work with "backups", I am very much against piracy.

It will... you just have to scrub them into the iso and since its not a big iso as in megabytes it won't be too hard to re-install it to usb,
Anyways I'm glad this is coming along well.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariobros1 said:
TempusC said:
EDIT: Oh, and btw, I am very glad it won't work with "backups", I am very much against piracy.

It will... you just have to scrub them into the iso and since its not a big iso as in megabytes it won't be too hard to re-install it to usb,
Anyways I'm glad this is coming along well.
ya, but Reggie's method of loading levels won't work with backups. Won't be convenient.

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
The way the ds one was was not very convenient having to move the .NDS around so much and I coped with it...

EDIT: its also too bad my retail copy was stolen from me...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
just because people "backup" their investments does not mean in anyway, shape or form they pirate , i hate ppl who take guesses at what people do and say piracy oh no.

Everybody in some way has pirated... yes... from mp3's, movies, pictures, CD's, DVD's, E-Books, Applications, OS'es anything that can be coppied and sold or given on to other people. So you cant say "I am very much against piracy." when in fact you will have done it before with or without your knowledge and trying to make out your all innocent.

You can flame me all you want, mods can delete this post but thats my honest opinion and yes i can say ive pirated before, if youve got the net use it
rolleyes.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
SifJar said:
just because people "backup" their investments does not mean in anyway, shape or form they pirate , i hate ppl who take guesses at what people do and say piracy oh no.

Everybody in some way has pirated... yes... from mp3's, movies, pictures, CD's, DVD's, E-Books, Applications, OS'es anything that can be coppied and sold or given on to other people. So you cant say "I am very much against piracy." when in fact you will have done it before with or without your knowledge and trying to make out your all innocent.

You can flame me all you want, mods can delete this post but thats my honest opinion and yes i can say ive pirated before, if youve got the net use it
rolleyes.gif

I try to avoid piracy wherever possible, I have never personally knowingly downloaded anything pirated. I once downloaded a DS Doom Mod which came with some warez WADs, but it was posted on a respectable site which said all the WADs where legal ones, then I downloaded it and saw them.

Apart from that, I can only think of one or two occassions on which I have played pirated games belonging to friends. I do not claim I am innocent, doesn't mean I like it.

And I know that there are many who use backup loaders etc. for perfectly legitimate, legal backups. But for every legal backup user, I'd say there are 5 or 6 pirates. If the ability to load backups is there, people will use the feature for piracy. Its a sad fact of modern society.

Anyway, this is very off-topic, we don't need to crowd the Reggie! topic with moral debates on piracy. Lets drop it now, ok?

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for me, I have NEVER download games. (Though I tried and because it was taking forever, I canceled the download!)

Also, how do you treat your key.bin files? (WiiScrubber) I treat mine like there treasure.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiFan2012 said:
As for me, I have NEVER download games. (Though I tried and because it was taking forever, I canceled the download!)

Also, how do you treat your key.bin files? (WiiScrubber) I treat mine like there treasure.

What are you on about "How do you treat you key.bin files?" They're nothing important, its not hard to make a new one. One a text editor, copy paste common key from HackMii, save. And there's even an app out there to generate it for you. No reason to treat them with any sort of reverence. Also, how is this related to anything?

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
pepxl said:
SifJar said:

rolleyes.gif
+ 1

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't even hate piracy. In fact, I'm much against current copyright legislation and I believe both it and the current consumer distribution model are in need of a complete overhaul (to the less strict side). And I live in Canada, so we're already one of the more lenient countries (though it could change at any time).

I dislike anti-piracy for the same reasons I dislike DRM - I hate knowing good time and effort went into restricting me in any way, even if I never use and especially if I might use it. It's not like these anti-piracy things are tough to get by.

I just dislike the sort of people who go around making upstanding claims to be the most innocent and respectable folk. I don't care. More than that, I hate stupid people. Stupid people should just shutup unless they are asking constructive questions that are not available easily from other sources. Learning is cool, but don't make me put in 5 minutes to answer your question unless you're prepared to put in 20 to look up the things I don't want to answer.

sasaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TempusC said:
I don't even hate piracy. In fact, I'm much against current copyright legislation and I believe both it and the current consumer distribution model are in need of a complete overhaul (to the less strict side). And I live in Canada, so we're already one of the more lenient countries (though it could change at any time).

I dislike anti-piracy for the same reasons I dislike DRM - I hate knowing good time and effort went into restricting me in any way, even if I never use and especially if I might use it. It's not like these anti-piracy things are tough to get by.

I just dislike the sort of people who go around making upstanding claims to be the most innocent and respectable folk. I don't care. More than that, I hate stupid people. Stupid people should just shutup unless they are asking constructive questions that are not available easily from other sources. Learning is cool, but don't make me put in 5 minutes to answer your question unless you're prepared to put in 20 to look up the things I don't want to answer.

true...

little off topic but he
tongue.gif

Merry x-mass
everybody!

btw. only game i Legaly bought is wii sports LOL, I have 121 games
that a saving of about 20 to 40 euro's a game ( 30 x 120 = 3.600,- euro's )
But who cares...

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sasaa said:
btw. only game i Legaly bought is wii sports LOL, I have 121 games
And you only bought it because it was delivered with your Wii, right?
QUOTE(TempusC @ Dec 24 2009, 08:28 PM) Ha ha, nope. I like how you guys make completely uninformed assumptions about things you have insufficient information for and then draw conclusions based on it and state it like fact. It's cute.

It won't be open source, at least the core won't be, and it won't work with softmods or ciosCORP or whatnot by it's very nature. It just doesn't work like that.
I just ment, that there will be something similar, also convinient for backups, not that your tool will be used for backups.

sasaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OFC i'm not gonna buy a game for 40 euro's to if i can get it for (almost inet and such) free

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^

Pirate!

I support Nintendo by buying the retail game. Even if I don't play it (as I have backed it up) I still payed for it. No wonder, your a Newbie..... (How sad... jk)

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a proud pirate from way back, but not without good reasons. Let's take a look at the PS3, out of the box it's the best console there is! Now i'm not saying if the wii came with DVD/DivX/Bluray that I wouldn't pirate thier games, because I would. What I'm am trying to say is that I bought a next gen console, just to play the same washed up games from the gamecube. Without people like wanni and wiigator this next gen console would only serve as a revamped gamecube. oh and I'm pretty sure 80 percent of the gbatempers are pirates, and maybe 20 are stand up citizens like yourself.

-end rant

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
oneleggedjack said:
I am a proud pirate from way back, but not without good reasons. Let's take a look at the PS3, out of the box it's the best console there is! Now i'm not saying if the wii came with DVD/DivX/Bluray that I wouldn't pirate thier games, because I would. What I'm am trying to say is that I bought a next gen console, just to play the same washed up games from the gamecube. Without people like wanni and wiigator this next gen console would only serve as a revamped gamecube. oh and I'm pretty sure 80 percent of the gbatempers are pirates, and maybe 20 are stand up citizens like yourself.

-end rant

You say you pirate the Wii games because it's not like PS3, and then say that even if Wii was like PS3 you still would pirate. Facepalm.jpg.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With excellent games like Game Party 1 2 and 3 there is no need to pirate! Yeah I bought Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy, that was the end of buying games for me.

sasaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yhea my ass... "i buy the games" lolzors
youre all little angels...
tongue.gif

I pirate and so does ( I think someting like) 95% of the world population that has a comupter with internet acces
even if you don't know it
tongue.gif

btw if the ps3 would be hacked mine would be running homebrew to!
als is my 360 my ps2 my psp my DSone

BUT!!!
back on topic !
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro