lecture.gif
I feel ashamed
sad.gif

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, stop the whole pirating debate and get back on topic.

Any chance we can get a new video showing Reggie in action?
biggrin.gif

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
And the worst part, they're proud of it.

(Edit) It's illegal because it violates laws about intellectual property.

If everyone was doing it, Nintendo wouldn't get enough money to pay themselves and would die!!!

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a dick, but can you people take this morality debate to its own thread?
This thread is supposed to be about a level editor for New Super Mario Bros Wii, not a futile debate between the thieves and the self righteous.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mega-Mario said:

It's ILLEGAL!!!

If everyone was doing it, Nintendo wouldn't get enough money to pay themselves and would die!!!

Are you serious? This garbage right here, this baseless trash that you are spewing in an "I have no idea how to hold an intellectual argument" way is exactly why you are banned over and over again at Jul (Just in case you need more reasons since you always seem to ask for them).

When you get something for free, it is human instinct to be proud and happy about your newfound item. Even if it's stealing, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Some people will be proud that they cheated the system, and will flaunt it. That is how society is woven and how man works. We don't need you lame-ing up our thread with big red font like you own the place and think you are making a point, when really you are beating a horse that died in the 90s on newsgroups (And more importantly, doesn't even belong in the thread for being off-topic). Must you violate every message board I post on Mega-Moron? It's one thing to make your point with a valid argument, it's another when you do the following;

MAINSTREAM MUSIC SUCKS!1!

...and proceed to act like you just made a well-written point.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
This thread is just getting out of hand. This should be closed.
There is no reason to close anything. The conversation of legality ends here. This is not the thread for conversation about it, take it to another thread where everyone can beat their drum about piracy and similar material. If conversation of it continues, I and others will be more then happy to report the offenders to the staff.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
So any chance the thread creator could start a new thread with an update and lock this WORTHLESS THREAD NOTHING AT ALL HAS COME OF SINCE IT WAS POSTED (the news is certainly out we wait with baited breath but the past few pages are litterally a waste of time and space...WHATS THE WORD ON THIS PROJECT?

wow alot of useless offtopic posts and tbh with the above commenter that could just has well been in a PM to get your point across...Though to be clear i do not disagree with your point...

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
vettacossx said:
So any chance the thread creator could start a new thread with an update and lock this WORTHLESS THREAD NOTHING AT ALL HAS COME OF SINCE IT WAS POSTED (the news is certainly out we wait with baited breath but the past few pages are litterally a waste of time and space...WHATS THE WORD ON THIS PROJECT?

wow alot of useless offtopic posts and tbh with the above commenter that could just has well been in a PM to get your point across...Though to be clear i do not disagree with your point...

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Sonicandtails said:
Mega-Mario said:

It's ILLEGAL!!!

Are you serious? This garbage right here, this baseless trash that you are spewing in an "I have no idea how to hold an intellectual argument" way is exactly why you are banned over and over again at Jul (Just in case you need more reasons since you always seem to ask for them).

When you get something for free, it is human instinct to be proud and happy about your newfound item. Even if it's stealing, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Some people will be proud that they cheated the system, and will flaunt it. That is how society is woven and how man works. We don't need you lame-ing up our thread with big red font like you own the place and think you are making a point, when really you are beating a horse that died in the 90s on newsgroups (And more importantly, doesn't even belong in the thread for being off-topic). Must you violate every message board I post on Mega-Moron? It's one thing to make your point with a valid argument, it's another when you do the following;

MAINSTREAM MUSIC SUCKS!1!

...and proceed to act like you just made a well-written point.

QUOTE(Sonicandtails @ Dec 28 2009, 09:31 AM)
Mega-Moron

You blatantly insulted me. This place isn't Jul. You're not staff here. I reported you.
Okay, my post wasn't very intelligent, but it isn't a reason to bash me like that.
Also, can you please keep the Jul drama in Jul?

Now, back on topic.

Those news are nice! So they already documented almost half the sprites in the editor. They're progressing fast. It's nice to hear good news like that.
Let's just hope they don't come accross major problems while documenting all the remaining sprites...

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
GAH! whats up with all this offtopic talk? cant we just remove the next posts being offtopic?

also, how is progress?

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
We're working on it, but we don't yet have a release date. I really want to get it out soon though - so we may just finish the most important sprites and then release it, and let the community work on the rest.

We're close to figuring out all the game's main systems (I never expected a 2D platformer could be this complicated) but it's taking a while - there are many different ways to link sprites to each other and do other things.

There's a full event system which allows you to set off events (using switches, coin rings, stepping into specific positions, areas having no enemies, and more) and then use them to affect other objects (creating/destroying stuff, activating platforms, rotations, etc). It even allows conditional event chaining, timers and some other things, so it's a pretty complicated system but very powerful. Can you believe all this is done just using sprites alone?

That stuff could make some really cool puzzles even, with a bit of imagination. You could make rooms where you must kill all the enemies in order for an exit to open. You could make a level where the exit is blocked until you touch several specific positions around the level. (that'd be really hard to figure out for players though..
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, I haven't been posting updates here as much because of the new IRC channel. It was linked a few pages back, but I'll repost it here:

If you don't have an IRC client: http://webchat.freenode.net/ [join the channel NSMBW]
If you have an IRC client: connect to irc.freenode.net; /join #NSMBW

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well...please make this usable for the original disc version. i bought it cuz it was too frutrating getting the damn downloaded one to wrok, all i could do and still the black screen, then gree screen and restart. neogamma and rev15 cios plus system 4.0, installed new cios and gamma loader! man it doesnt work. so please, make it work for the retail disc somehow soon!!!
rolleyes.gif

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh...and an idea for the people with the real game. couldnt you make some files from the game replace with the modded ones like the main.dol fix for the neogamma and nsmbwhere you load your alternate dol. or no because its an original disc???

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
junker_man32 said:
oh...and an idea for the people with the real game. couldnt you make some files from the game replace with the modded ones like the main.dol fix for the neogamma and nsmbwhere you load your alternate dol. or no because its an original disc???
You need to use the Search...this project was mainly made/designed for retail Users, so it will work with retail discs for shure.

And, you can for shure replace the files from a retail disc. I'm guessing they will be using TranslatIOS for that, at least the hints fit perfect to this.
QUOTETranslatIOS is a modified IOS which can be used for game translation projects.
It will support replacing files from the DVD with files on the SD card,
and patching of DVD files with files from the SD card.
Because of this, it is suited for a multitude of game hacking projects, like:
* Translation
* Resource editing
* Main executable patching

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
We're working on it, but we don't yet have a release date. I really want to get it out soon though - so we may just finish the most important sprites and then release it, and let the community work on the rest.

We're close to figuring out all the game's main systems (I never expected a 2D platformer could be this complicated) but it's taking a while - there are many different ways to link sprites to each other and do other things.

There's a full event system which allows you to set off events (using switches, coin rings, stepping into specific positions, areas having no enemies, and more) and then use them to affect other objects (creating/destroying stuff, activating platforms, rotations, etc). It even allows conditional event chaining, timers and some other things, so it's a pretty complicated system but very powerful. Can you believe all this is done just using sprites alone?

That stuff could make some really cool puzzles even, with a bit of imagination. You could make rooms where you must kill all the enemies in order for an exit to open. You could make a level where the exit is blocked until you touch several specific positions around the level. (that'd be really hard to figure out for players though..
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, I haven't been posting updates here as much because of the new IRC channel. It was linked a few pages back, but I'll repost it here:

If you don't have an IRC client: http://webchat.freenode.net/ [join the channel NSMBW]
If you have an IRC client: connect to irc.freenode.net; /join #NSMBW
that's awesome. I can't wait to take a crack at some puzzle-like levels. Alll in all, NSMBW is pretty impressive for a 2D platformer.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys. I just had to go through and clean crap out of here. You've done a great job of bringing it back to topic, but seriously... don't let that happen again.

As you were, gentlemen. As you were.

smile.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
And, you can for shure replace the files from a retail disc. I'm guessing they will be using TranslatIOS for that, at least the hints fit perfect to this.
TranslatIOS doesn't seem to be finished yet. At least this is what I read in the git.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Oh God no :ohnoes: +1