Hacking Reggie! - NSMBWii Level Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:
So, the level loading system won't work with USB Loaders? Even ones with legal copies T___T T___T (Although, FlatMii should work with the system, since it emulates DVD drive, right?
Unsure if it will work. Does it use the Disc Channel or not?

FlatMii is supposed to perfectly emulate the DVD Drive and use the Disc Channel, etc. It hooks to the computer (via USB 2.0) and it asks you to load an ISO (on computer), then it loads in the disc channel like any other game... (I've not used one, but I've seen it used on many occasions)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:
So, the level loading system won't work with USB Loaders? Even ones with legal copies T___T T___T (Although, FlatMii should work with the system, since it emulates DVD drive, right?
Unsure if it will work. Does it use the Disc Channel or not?

FlatMii is a modchip, so yeah it'll work. Modchips allow "backups" to be used in anything that requires an original disc normally e.g. Gecko OS.

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to scrubbing ISOs of the same game multiple times. I did/do this with Mario Kart Wii texture hacks.

I'm so excited about this program. May we have some eyecandy please??? (screen shot or video, don't matter)

Thanks Treekie!

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tanks said:
Hey, we've got a chat up.

http://webchat.freenode.net/

Just join the channel #NSMBW
I was kicked
sad.gif

There's nothing here explaining that I have to be invited
unsure.gif

QUOTE(WiiFan2012 @ Dec 23 2009, 12:02 PM) Maybe that was for him to know and for you to find out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Hey Palhaço,
I've got there, completely, and you didn't noticed yet!
Anyway, you are not there, you are NOTHING!

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'twas an accident... We had just finished purging an asshole and you showed up logging in twice. Seemed suspicious so we kicked. Feel free to come back in whenever you want though. I promise we don't bite those who aren't jerks.
tongue.gif

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tanks said:
'twas an accident... We had just finished purging an asshole and you showed up logging in twice. Seemed suspicious so we kicked. Feel free to come back in whenever you want though. I promise we don't bite those who aren't jerks.
tongue.gif

That's OK, no problem.

QUOTE(WiiFan2012 @ Dec 24 2009, 10:23 AM) Thanks, Tanks! At least your NICE about it:) (unlink RGadelha. Does he know I may have been joking?)
Sorry WiiFan, I've sounded rude but I was joking too.

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RGadelha said:
Tanks said:
tongue.gif

That's OK, no problem.

QUOTE(WiiFan2012 @ Dec 24 2009, 10:23 AM) Thanks, Tanks! At least your NICE about it:) (unlink RGadelha. Does he know I may have been joking?)
Sorry WiiFan, I've sounded rude but I was joking too.

Well, thanks for apologizing! The CAPS made your post sound rude.

On-topic: Still excited about Reggie!.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
but it does require a legal copy of the game. But that shouldn't be a problem for you guys right?
wink.gif
NSMBWii is definitely worth buying, and Reggie adds even more replay value to it.
I bought it but I bet we'll get it to load files from SD even if it's a copy, there are so many ways
wink.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mousex said:
Treeki said:
but it does require a legal copy of the game. But that shouldn't be a problem for you guys right?
wink.gif
NSMBWii is definitely worth buying, and Reggie adds even more replay value to it.
I bought it but I bet we'll get it to load files from SD even if it's a copy, there are so many ways
wink.gif
If its open source it will probably take about a day at the most for a version to be released to work with "backups". Mores the pity.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ha ha, nope. I like how you guys make completely uninformed assumptions about things you have insufficient information for and then draw conclusions based on it and state it like fact. It's cute.

It won't be open source, at least the core won't be, and it won't work with softmods or ciosCORP or whatnot by it's very nature. It just doesn't work like that.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
SifJar said:
mousex said:
Treeki said:
wink.gif
wink.gif
If its open source it will probably take about a day at the most for a version to be released to work with "backups". Mores the pity.
The editor is open source, but the file hack isn't. It's just the officially supported method for Reggie (and will also be released alongside it).

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
WiiFan2012 said:
So, any time frame yet?

Thanks!
When it's done.

Asking so much is pointless - I want it released as much as you guys do. But I really can't give a definite date right now; once I have one and I'm sure I'll be able to meet it, I'll post it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TempusC said:
Ha ha, nope. I like how you guys make completely uninformed assumptions about things you have insufficient information for and then draw conclusions based on it and state it like fact. It's cute.

It won't be open source, at least the core won't be, and it won't work with softmods or ciosCORP or whatnot by it's very nature. It just doesn't work like that.

I'm guessing the loader uses a new cIOS designed specially for this task (perhaps using translatIOS, but not sure about that), which does not have DIP module (i.e. can't load "backups"), and because it will be in a new install location, cIOScorp won't work for it. Am I right? =D Could be way off, I got this idea from what I read about RawkSD 3.0 (aka RawkUSB)

EDIT: Oh, and btw, I am very glad it won't work with "backups", I am very much against piracy.

AJAX_2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd tell them all that they can be sure to be using it by Christmas... In 2012... Lol just playin guys.. Merry Christmas!!!

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TempusC said:

I personally hope it doesn't work with a softmod, but my statement wasn't uninformed. I based that on the chat discussion as Treeki said it *might* work if you can boot backups from disc channel.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mooseknuckle2000 said:
TempusC said:

I personally hope it doesn't work with a softmod, but my statement wasn't uninformed. I based that on the chat discussion as Treeki said it *might* work if you can boot backups from disc channel.

Treeki's statement was, I think, based on the fact that a drivechip makes the disc drive think that the disc inserted is an actual disc, making it no different, from an app's view, than an actual disc. Therefore, it would work fine regardless of how the loader works.

This is of course a bit different to the way cIOScorp works, and the way I am assuming the loader works would mean that cIOScorp would not be effective in this case.

(Although, if it is the way I think it is, it may still be possible to get it working with "backups", although it would probably have to be completely illegal. And I would be very much against such a thing, for multiple reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j