Hacking Reggie! - NSMBWii Level Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, just scrub it back into the iso (or whatever way they implement) and boot with wiiflow. Also, if you want to keep your original game on wiiflow also, just rename the custom iso with Wii ISO renamer.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mooseknuckle2000 said:
JJBro1 said:
can i use this with wiiflow?
ya, just scrub it back into the iso (or whatever way they implement) and boot with wiiflow. Also, if you want to keep your original game on wiiflow also, just rename the custom iso with Wii ISO renamer.
Or request at the WiiFlow-Thread/GoogleCode Page that they implement that one. Though, I don't know if this one works...

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Could there possibly be a properties dialog box for sprites? And have drop-down menus for different options for different things that the sprite can do? Like a drop-down for a Koopa's color, or drop-down menus for the vertical moving platform with "Platform Width", "Travel Distance (or whatever)", and Start going Down or Up, speed, etc...

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
Could there possibly be a properties dialog box for sprites? And have drop-down menus for different options for different things that the sprite can do? Like a drop-down for a Koopa's color, or drop-down menus for the vertical moving platform with "Platform Width", "Travel Distance (or whatever)", and Start going Down or Up, speed, etc...

That's pretty much how it will work. We will also allow for manual editing of the sprite via a built in hex editor, just in case new object properties are found after the first release.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Tanks said:
jceggbert5 said:

That's pretty much how it will work. We will also allow for manual editing of the sprite via a built in hex editor, just in case new object properties are found after the first release.

Cool! I hated hexing the sprites manually in NSMBe 4.7... (on the DS)

P.S. hey Tanks, check out these videos I made... (My version of NRMB) (it's a playlist)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQIX-nnFj_U...&playnext=1

EDIT: Could we maybe have a screenshot of that?

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I become a tester of this awesome app? I understand about the NDA (Non-Discloser Agreement) that you may have.

If you want to edit textures, there is an app for that, too. (pun on apple) Its called "SZS Modifier." Just extract the .arc files from the ISO and when opening the file, go to the drop down menu and select "All Files."

Also, you can use WiiScrubber to extract the .arc files; then replace them with the modded .arc files. Once done replacing the .arc files, "Scrub" the ISO under a new name, then put the ISO on a External Hard Drive via WBFS Manager and play via USB Loader with a Error #002 Fix..

All those sites saying you can only play the hacks via emulators are wrong.....

I can see an "New Super Frustration Bros" coming!

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May Wii have an update, Please?????

(*glares at topic for hopes of a release link*)

Thanks.........

IMO, This is a modern Lunar Magic!

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard is this in comparison to making hacked Super Mario World levels?

I was great with those and created my own game with friends.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Guys - it will probably be at least two weeks before a release, maybe more. We can only do so much in a day.

As for ease of use, we have been working on the UI and it is getting much easier and intuitive to use. However, making levels will still be much more complicated than SMW, because there is a lot more in this game! NSMB Wii is full of great devices and unique effects, gimmicks and doodads which were only used once and could easily have been made into many great levels.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TempusC said:
Guys - it will probably be at least two weeks before a release, maybe more. We can only do so much in a day.

Thank you for Finally giving us a approximate amount of time before the possibility of a release....

But c'mon, you can't blame us for being excited
wink.gif

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for an ETA! Something off my chest to worry about
wink.gif
(Not that I was worrying TOO much, but I was like "is it going to release this or next year?") That kind of worry.

NeonTogepi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TempusC said:
As for ease of use, we have been working on the UI and it is getting much easier and intuitive to use. However, making levels will still be much more complicated than SMW, because there is a lot more in this game! NSMB Wii is full of great devices and unique effects, gimmicks and doodads which were only used once and could easily have been made into many great levels.
The only device not abused to hell was the skeleton dragon. That being said, that is the coolest device in a Mario game. Ever.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
TempusC said:

cant remeber that stage in smw where everytime you enter the stage layout changes. its a red dot stage leading to 2 routes. can this be sone on nsmbwii?

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it already has been done; the Cannon paths and secret exits. Other that the layout changing every time you enter the stage, no; it has not been done. IDK if it is even possible..

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be great to create levels with that red button switch since they decided they only wanted to use it on 1 real level, .. in SMW you needed the button to clear multiple levels.. id love to create a level that requires that button to be activated in order to complete that level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: ok