Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluey

cluey Member
    Newcomer

Hey. Will Reggie support multiple rooms per one level. Or is it restricted to the amount that the level originally has.

Good work [​IMG] .

2. GrandMasterJimmy

GrandMasterJimmy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

I haven't had a chance to ask Treeki anything for a week or so, but the game can support more area's than the original so I would assume he would add that eventually.

3. sasaa

sasaa Member
    Newcomer

United States
    if you need anny help with english -> dutch translation
    can't you make every word as a variable and use a eng.ini for english a nld voor dutch and so on:P

love your work

4. Treeki

OP Treeki GBAtemp Regular

Gibraltar
    You can add/remove zones within an area, and adding/removing areas is planned (but not added yet).

5. n64billy

n64billy Newbie
    Newcomer

Treeki, when you mention zones and areas, what do you mean by them?

6. Keshire

Keshire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A shaded area that represented the range of movement would be ideal. And should be simple to implement.

7. Treeki

Gibraltar
    Each level is split into "areas" which can have different tilesets, settings and such. (See the "Area #" dropdown box in Reggie's toolbar in screenshots for example.)

Then, each area can have multiple "zones" which are located on the same map, but can be separate from each other. Some level settings are area-specific (like tilesets) so they can't be changed for different zones - but others are zone-specific.

You can move between different zones and areas using pipes/doors/vines/etc, as long as they're in the same level.

Here's an example from the game to explain it a bit better: 1-1 is split into two areas. The first area just has one zone (the main part of the level). The second area has two zones (the two underground bonus areas).

8. Heathcliff

Heathcliff GBAtemp Regular

France
    That would be a good idea! And I could do the french translation.

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    When it will be released, everyone will be able to help and create a patch to integrate new languages files, and send it to Treeki to include it.
    As It will be open source python, right ? or will you provide crypted python script only ?
    I like seeing source code to learn things I don't know yet.

10. Treeki

Gibraltar
    Yes, it will be open source. (For several reasons: I can't legally use Wii.py in closed source apps, Python can't be reliably compiled anyway, and it makes it easier for anyone to run it.)

All of these will be up for download:
    - Source release
    - Windows executable using py2exe (one folder including all the files and runtimes; no Python needed)
    - Linux binary using cx_Freeze (still need to work this one out - Ubuntu only has the required PyQt version in 9.10, and some people have older versions, so a binary might be easier)
    - Mac OS X application using py2app (OS X stuff is Tempus's domain, but I think it just compiles to one .app file - he can run Reggie on OS X)

Right now the source is composed of one huge source code file containing the editor, and 3 extra files from Wii.py which provide compression and U8 support.

11. zoidberg.

zoidberg. Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i just made my account on these forums but I have been following this topic daily since the first page. This is something I practically assumed would be in game when I heard of NSMB, when I heard it was not in there i was very disappointed but of course I got the game anyway and have played the shit out of it. I'm so happy to see someone making a user friendly editor. Just wanted to stop and give props to Treekie and also Tempus and others helping test/code.

12. WiiFan2012

WiiFan2012 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ohhh my, open source! It will be a great way to learn how this editor works!

Thanks for the update!

13. mooseknuckle2000

mooseknuckle2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG] my thoughts exactly [​IMG]

14. TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Page 3? That won't do. [​IMG]

But indeed, thanks so much for working on this, guys! [​IMG]

15. kyoko_sayuri

kyoko_sayuri Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Now you can edit the terrain with Reggie?
    (It would be nice to integrate somehow Wart into Reggie as a tool for editing tilesets and terrain)

16. Treeki

Gibraltar
    Reggie has had terrain editing since the first test version. It was the first feature I added.

And although it'd be interesting, like I've said several times, I'm not going to integrate Reggie with Wart. I'm helping out the author with info on formats, but they will still stay separate programs.

17. AJAX_2500

AJAX_2500 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok treeki, i'v already worn myself out on the tanooki release(not so great, but the best that's out..) I SO can't wait for this.. You guys are the best for taking your time to do it.. Though I do have a quick question.. When you do put it up will you just add it to the first page or will we have to go to another place for a DL link?

18. StapleButter

StapleButter 'New Member' registered since 2009. Fuck yea.

France
    Treeki, a question came to my mind a while ago: does NSMB Wii contain beta stuff, like, say, the "lost levels" in NSMB DS?

19. n64billy

n64billy Newbie
    Newcomer

Wow, that actually made complete sense! Thanks for that Treeki!
    Keep up the awesome work! [​IMG]

20. TempusC

TempusC GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Treeki will edit the first post, or, should there be too many posts of chaff on this thread, we'll make a newer release thread so that people can ask questions about the editor in existence, rather than dig through all this non-relevant stuff.

As for beta-stuff, there are no lost levels (except a couple Toad houses), but there are many sprites which are unused during the game but still quite usable (not a few of them copies of stuff from NSMB DS). We've already identified no less than 49 completely unused sprites available for use. Some are as boring as the arrow screenshot, some are more interesting (such as early boss-level terrain prototypes). A lot of the new stuff has been uncovered by Tanks, so thank him.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - NSMBWii, Reggie, Editor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.