Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reggie-fils-aime.jpg

QUOTE said:
"When we were preparing to launch the 3DS, we had very positive signals. High levels of pre-orders. High levels of buzz. High levels of interest. Even things like search activity, which we measure, were all very positive and very robust," Fils-Aime said. "That led to a very strong first day and very strong first few weeks of sell-through. Following that is when we began to see some slowdown of momentum.

"I would characterize the key factors as being… first party games, like Ocarina of Time or Star Fox, should maybe have been made available more quickly after launch. That might have been a missed opportunity. And then secondly, not launching the eShop until June was certainly something that negatively impacted our momentum. I would point to those two factors as being significant ones that took some of the wind out of our sails following a positive few weeks after launch. As we take away those lessons and apply them to future launches, we need to look at things like key first party titles are launching much earlier in the launch window."
More in the Source.
icon11.gif
Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He does realize that the launch of the eShop, Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox didn't significantly improve sales? They were still neck-in-neck with the PSP in Japan, the only significant system seller since launch was when they put it out in a new color.

If Nintendo thinks that only first party games will carry their system then that's the big problem. Maybe it will, but people more and more will realize how their systems are becoming a no-man's land for third parties. And I don't want a machine that only plays Nintendo games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
I find that with Nintendo's state, first parties won't exactly 'save' the 3DS, alone.
More like with the 3DS' state, Nintendo's doing just fine, it's their crap advertisement and naming that got them in this funk to begin with and then the lineup and price that stuck them further down into it.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
He does realize that the launch of the eShop, Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox didn't significantly improve sales? They were still neck-in-neck with the PSP in Japan, the only significant system seller since launch was when they put it out in a new color.

If Nintendo thinks that only first party games will carry their system then that's the big problem. Maybe it will, but people more and more will realize how their systems are becoming a no-man's land for third parties. And I don't want a machine that only plays Nintendo games.

But what can they do? There are millions of 3DS's out there already and it's not like Nintendo is the only company that's pulled a million seller on the console. Nintendo gave those third party developers a massive two month window to release their games. The 3DS "failed" because the third party developers didn't support the console and now they're all either cancelling their games or delaying them because the console isn't doing well enough? So now Nintendo has to step in and make their console more popular with these admittedly drastic measures, all just so third party developers can ride on in and cash in on Nintendo's effort?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

But what can they do? There are millions of 3DS's out there already and it's not like Nintendo is the only company that's pulled a million seller on the console. Nintendo gave those third party developers a massive two month window to release their games. The 3DS "failed" because the third party developers didn't support the console and now they're all either cancelling their games or delaying them because the console isn't doing well enough? So now Nintendo has to step in and make their console more popular with these admittedly drastic measures, all just so third party developers can ride on in and cash in on Nintendo's effort?
Personally, I prefer great and solid games rather than glitchy and rushed ones.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chris888222 said:
Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Delaying games "because the console isnt doing well enough", has nothing to do with games being solid and less glitchy.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I suppose this comment is a bit more directed towards the 3DS Lite release, along with the Wii U. Hopefully, they'll change the name and release it with a few different games in the mix.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
They should've just avoided fans hype and released 3DS by July-Aug. When eShop would be solid with Netflix, Nintendo Video. While library holding OoT & Star Fox.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont care about 3DS's first party.. It is alway about first party.. Third party is the most important major to make the portable/console successful. I am not buying 3DS at all for other 3 years to have better games from third party. Money wise and save for me right now. The same for WiiU.. I dont know about this console just yet.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well he is correct, I mean slow launch of the eShop and good games kinda killed the 3DS, but I think the new games are going to boost its sales.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tanveer said:
chris888222 said:
Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Delaying games "because the console isnt doing well enough", has nothing to do with games being solid and less glitchy.
They could take the delay time to improve on them...

Or perhaps I'm wrong?

Anyway, first parties won't save the 3DS alone. If the 3DS really flunks (which I doubt will happen), don't expect the next iteration to sell well unless Nintendo uses some ultimate marketing. (I really hope for head tracking for the iteration)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chris888222 said:
Tanveer said:
chris888222 said:
Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Or perhaps I'm wrong?

Anyway, first parties won't save the 3DS alone. If the 3DS really flunks (which I doubt will happen), don't expect the next iteration to sell well unless Nintendo uses sopme ultimate marketing. (I really hope for head tracking for the iteration)
The reason for the delay is stated "because the console isnt doing well enough". They didnt say we are working on the game to improve glitches and make it more solid.
Its purely because of marketing/business reasons, nothing else.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tanveer said:
chris888222 said:
Tanveer said:
chris888222 said:
Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Or perhaps I'm wrong?

Anyway, first parties won't save the 3DS alone. If the 3DS really flunks (which I doubt will happen), don't expect the next iteration to sell well unless Nintendo uses sopme ultimate marketing. (I really hope for head tracking for the iteration)
The reason for the delay is stated "because the console isnt doing well enough". They didnt say we are working on the game to improve glitches and make it more solid.
Its purely because of marketing/business reasons, nothing else.
Well, I see my old self again. I really need to slap myself.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the third party seriously think by delaying and cancelling games will help improve the console sales? Nintendo gave them the chance, they screwed up. The poor sales are mostly because the lack of games available to the consumers. Will people seriously buy a console with hardly any games for it? This is Nintendo's fault they shouldn't have put faith on the third party instead they should have got their AAA titles ready for launch.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
Does the third party seriously think by delaying and cancelling games will help improve the console sales? Nintendo gave them the chance, they screwed up. The poor sales are mostly because the lack of games available to the consumers. Will people seriously buy a console with hardly any games for it? This is Nintendo's fault they shouldn't have put faith on the third party instead they should have got their AAA titles ready for launch.

Third parties haven't exactly put faith in Nintendo either. After the whole Wii debacle I don't think that a lot of third parties will be flocking to another Nintendo system unless they're making crappy casual games. I'm sure we don't need a "Just Dance 3D".

I'm just thinking Nintendo should've designed a better system in general.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
heartgold said:

Third parties haven't exactly put faith in Nintendo either. After the whole Wii debacle I don't think that a lot of third parties will be flocking to another Nintendo system unless they're making crappy casual games. I'm sure we don't need a "Just Dance 3D".

I thought third parties hardly put any faith on Nintendo all the time?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
heartgold said:

Third parties barely ever put any faith on nintendo.

but seriously, they havent done any BIG MISTAKE by not releasing some of their first party stuff. That WOULD have made a difference, but woudnt keep things steady.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...