• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
to clarify a arm11 exploit will allow you to install a handful of "legit" cia files, but not any and all cia files, only signed cia files that come from console bundles, I'm sure a quick search of "legit cia" will provide a list of what games are available
I heard about an app called legit cia generator. It is an ap that can sign a .cia file with a ticket or so.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard about an app called legit cia generator. It is an ap that can sign a .cia file with a ticket or so.
The only useful tickets are from preinstalled titles since they are not console specfic so it is only limited to games that came preinstalled on 3ds bundles

Reactions: NoNAND

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, that will be where sighax comes in.

Sighax will still require dsiwarehax / hardmod. I believe fasthax is patched on 11.2 as well as it's stilla k11 downgrade which was patched in 11.2 Nobody has confirmed a 11.2 downgrade with fasthax. ( the dev that is )

SciresM[S] 1 point 5 minutes ago

Note: without boot9 we do not have the address of the calculated hash, or the asn.1 parsing code to know precisely which length field to overflow.

Thus, sighax cannot be implemented until boot9 is dumped.

Also note: We'll need to BRUTE FORCE a signature with the required qualities when the time comes. This'll best be handled by I (or someone else) making a brute forcer and distributing it to the community to run en masse.

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
Sighax will still require dsiwarehax / hardmod. I believe fasthax is patched on 11.2 as well as it's stilla k11 downgrade which was patched in 11.2 Nobody has confirmed a 11.2 downgrade with fasthax. ( the dev that is )
fasthax is NOT FOR DOWNGRADING it's simply an arm11 kernel exploit used to get access to useful svcs like cia installation and dsiwarehax installer, it those not get around the harcoded min version list introduced in 11.0

Reactions: Arubaro

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fasthax is NOT FOR DOWNGRADING it's simply an arm11 kernel exploit used to get access to useful svcs like cia installation and dsiwarehax installer, it those not get around the harcoded min version list introduced in 11.0

My bad, I thought we we're talking about SIGHAX, sorry.

Direguard what I said.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
My bad, I thought we we're talking about SIGHAX, sorry.

Direguard what I said.
sighax requires you to have the ability to completely rewrite the firmware, it cannot be installed like an update it requires the same permission level a9lh those so 9.2 will still be the go to version. It's only a bypass of the bootrom check, this is not useful for bypassing cia verification which is what updates are installed through

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sighax requires you to have the ability to completely rewrite the firmware, it cannot be installed like an update it requires the same permission level a9lh those so 9.2 will still be the go to version. It's only a bypass of the bootrom check, this is not useful for bypassing cia verification which is what updates are installed through

I'm well aware of what it can / can't do ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...