Hacking Refurbished DSLs on dealextreme?

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking of upgrading my DS to a DSL at last (battery doesnt last for 30 mins now) and I would like to know if the dealextreme Refurbished DSL would be a good pick...

Shorkio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
raylgo said:
I was thinking of upgrading my DS to a DSL at last (battery doesnt last for 30 mins now) and I would like to know if the dealextreme Refurbished DSL would be a good pick...
I think it's easier and cheaper to change battery
smile.gif

And I think DX,s refurbrished lites are not very good...

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
The refubrished DS Lites are made with broken DS Lites, fake replacement cases and other stuff (new screens). The replacement cases aren´t of very good quality compared to the real cases. I have a replacement case and I am able to notice the difference and there definitely is a difference, but I can live with it.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it all depends on which case is used. when I did my review of replacement shell kits for gbatemp, I purchased about 30 different kits (and quickly dumped off all of the kits that I thought were not manufactured very well for 5-10usd ea on ebay).

in addition to the system, DX bundles their refurished systems with a mock-up box and an after-market ac adapter

I've been a fan of their transparent shells for quite some time now because the plastic used seems to be more in line with the fit, finish and quality of the oem cases. if you're still looking for a transparent DS lite replacement system, check out my thread in the "for sale" section of the forum.

Priya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't recommend buying the DSLs off DealExtreme right now. I was doing some reading and some of the recent buyers of DSLs there got some defective DSLs. They either turned on and had no screen signal or one or the other screen (or in some cases both) had no picture display. It's kind of a shot in a dark and hope you get a good "refurb".

You're probably better off buying a secondhand at a local store or eBay. :3

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. Thanks for the replies everyone. I was leaning towards ebay from the start but I just wanted to check out other options...

My two DS have cracked their hinges from falling so I wanted to upgrade. I wanted to just buy replacement shells and new batteries but I figured that DSL prices would drop further with the release of the DSiXL.

Wish me luck in finding a good deal...

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
raylgo said:
Alright. Thanks for the replies everyone. I was leaning towards ebay from the start but I just wanted to check out other options...

My two DS have cracked their hinges from falling so I wanted to upgrade. I wanted to just buy replacement shells and new batteries but I figured that DSL prices would drop further with the release of the DSiXL.

youre from philippines? you are really from philippines????????????????******

dude, just go to WWW.ROCKSOFTONLINE.COM and send your DS there and have a piece of mind. They have the BEST QUALITY repair. I personally know the owner and I can assure you it's SAFE.

reply in tagalog as im intrigued at your post. if you're not really in the philippines, ignore my post for this time.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The prices they charge online are no better than anywhere else. I think those appeal more to HK customers. Honestly, if you're in the US, check craigslist, buy in person, check the system out first. It'll be cheaper.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
raylgo said:

youre from philippines? you are really from philippines????????????????******

dude, just go to WWW.ROCKSOFTONLINE.COM and send your DS there and have a piece of mind. They have the BEST QUALITY repair. I personally know the owner and I can assure you it's SAFE.

reply in tagalog as im intrigued at your post. if you're not really in the philippines, ignore my post for this time.
GOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCKSOFT ONLINE IS BEST IF YOU LIVE HERE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1