Refurbished DSi Consoles

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by o0-Matty-0o, Feb 19, 2016.

1. o0-Matty-0o
    OP

o0-Matty-0o Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Has anyone brought a refurbished DSi console from a well known game store in the UK ?

I have one that was purchased a few years ago, hinge got broken so decided to order a new housing and fit it today,

But i was shocked on what i found with the console...
    The Power board for the D-pad was secured by 2 screws instead of 5, (since fitting the new housing the buttons feels much better)
    Motherboard secured by 2 screws instead of 4, (again buttons feel better now i've got 4 screws in)
    Trigger buttons, volume buttons, memory card slot had 4 screws instead of 8,
    Wi-fi and Microphone wires jammed and taped down, (when they just easily fit into their own grooves)
    The top LCD had bits of rust on it and had a label on it saying "creased flex" when i removed it you could see the crease on the wire, surprised it works as it was in such poor condition.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this ? all the screw holes on the case were fine so there's no excuse for not fitting all the screws, quite concerned as was thinking of buying a refurbished 3ds XL.

2. Steve Antony Williams

Steve Antony Williams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I bought both my 3DS systems (old type) from "Game", been no trouble at all. I think my DSi may have come from Game as well, not sure now.

3. o0-Matty-0o
    OP

o0-Matty-0o Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Thanks buddy, that's where this one was from, looked fine on the outside was just shocked that the screws were missing inside, thank fully just a one-off then.

4. Steve Antony Williams

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I don't think they "refurbish" them any further than doing a system wipe and making sure they work, that's about it I reckon. You can buy my DSi if you like :P

Ryccardo likes this.
  5. o0-Matty-0o
    OP

o0-Matty-0o Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    It had a game void as removed sticker on under the battery and inside the console there were little game stickers stuck over some of the parts so i would assume they do have a team who repair them or put new housings on.

It's sorted now but if you have a 3ds xl for sale i'd buy it ;)

6. Steve Antony Williams

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I'm probably going to sell one of my 3DS systems but neither are XL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice