Refurbished DSi Consoles

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by o0-Matty-0o, Feb 19, 2016.

1. o0-Matty-0o
    OP

o0-Matty-0o Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Has anyone brought a refurbished DSi console from a well known game store in the UK ?

I have one that was purchased a few years ago, hinge got broken so decided to order a new housing and fit it today,

But i was shocked on what i found with the console...
    The Power board for the D-pad was secured by 2 screws instead of 5, (since fitting the new housing the buttons feels much better)
    Motherboard secured by 2 screws instead of 4, (again buttons feel better now i've got 4 screws in)
    Trigger buttons, volume buttons, memory card slot had 4 screws instead of 8,
    Wi-fi and Microphone wires jammed and taped down, (when they just easily fit into their own grooves)
    The top LCD had bits of rust on it and had a label on it saying "creased flex" when i removed it you could see the crease on the wire, surprised it works as it was in such poor condition.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this ? all the screw holes on the case were fine so there's no excuse for not fitting all the screws, quite concerned as was thinking of buying a refurbished 3ds XL.

2. Steve Antony Williams

Steve Antony Williams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I bought both my 3DS systems (old type) from "Game", been no trouble at all. I think my DSi may have come from Game as well, not sure now.

3. o0-Matty-0o
    OP

o0-Matty-0o Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Thanks buddy, that's where this one was from, looked fine on the outside was just shocked that the screws were missing inside, thank fully just a one-off then.

4. Steve Antony Williams

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I don't think they "refurbish" them any further than doing a system wipe and making sure they work, that's about it I reckon. You can buy my DSi if you like :P

Ryccardo likes this.
  5. o0-Matty-0o
    OP

o0-Matty-0o Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    It had a game void as removed sticker on under the battery and inside the console there were little game stickers stuck over some of the parts so i would assume they do have a team who repair them or put new housings on.

It's sorted now but if you have a 3ds xl for sale i'd buy it ;)

6. Steve Antony Williams

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    I'm probably going to sell one of my 3DS systems but neither are XL.