Question redneck rampage Port

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Mikep90, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Mikep90
    OP

Mikep90 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Would this be Possible to port to the switch. It would be a great game to have on the switch. Since we was able to port Quake doom and Duke nukem 3D. I think it would work if somebody with know How know how to it. Who else would want this? Can somebody help with this project for the community

Last edited by Mikep90, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    I dont know, but there have been other ports for this game on another consoles/systems?
    if so it shouldnt be very difficult as for doom, quake etc
    i loved redneck rampage by the way :D

3. Mikep90
    OP

Mikep90 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    I do 2. I would like for it to see it getting ported. I wish i knew the how to or i would do it myself, I would really enjoy it on the switch

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Most such games you see are ones that have their source code releases or that had source remade, few will do the latter purposely for a console port these days. I don't know if the Switch has quite enough juice to do something like port a PC emulator with enough power for this game; while it was a Doom clone of a sort it was on the higher demand end of such things.
    Looking at https://osgameclones.com/#redneck-rampage-games there is a project for them here, however it is still on google code (a source control that died some years ago now) which makes me wonder how advanced it got.

Also have to show some love for Mojo Nixon

5. jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    also for what its worth the open src redneck rampage port is based on eduke32 however its an older version and its hard to know what version of eduke32 it is using from the svn code.

Last edited by jfmherokiller, Sep 13, 2018