Hacking Rednand can be updated ?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes you can update redNAND (manually tho, you have to install those 4 things)

Useless, after manually installing the 4 updating titles, the system still pops up update nag when accessing to eshop and updating game as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just lets the renand update itself, an error will be occurred but after that it won't force automatically download update. Use nnupatcher to access eshop, download game/update and play online on 5.5.1 without spoofing.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Useless, after manually installing the 4 updating titles, the system still pops up update nag when accessing to eshop and updating game as well.

Not for me. I've updated RedNand to 5.5.2E and eshop is working too.
So my SysNand is 5.5.1E.

Even though someone said RedNand is useless, I still use it and like it.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not for me. I've updated RedNand to 5.5.2E and eshop is working too.
So my SysNand is 5.5.1E.

Even though someone said RedNand is useless, I still use it and like it.

What exactly did you do to achieve that? I did many times by installing the 4 updating titiles but the update nag stills there when accessing to eshop.

DaBlackDeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly did you do to achieve that? I did many times by installing the 4 updating titiles but the update nag stills there when accessing to eshop.

1. start downloading update and wait it's finished
2. ftp everywhere to sys/update and copied the 4 folders to pc
3. copied the 4 folders from pc to sd card
4. opened SysConfigTool -> TitleManager -> Install and selected the 4 folders
5. pressed R in SysConfigTool and waited for finish installing all 4 folders
6. SysConfigTool - > Reboot System

Done.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. start downloading update and wait it's finished
2. ftp everywhere to sys/update and copied the 4 folders to pc
3. copied the 4 folders from pc to sd card
4. opened SysConfigTool -> TitleManager -> Install and selected the 4 folders
5. pressed R in SysConfigTool and waited for finish installing all 4 folders
6. SysConfigTool - > Reboot System

Done.

I did exactly the same as you but it didn't work as it keeps giving me an update when accessing to eshop. Strange.

Silails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did exactly the same as you but it didn't work as it keeps giving me an update when accessing to eshop. Strange.

Hi, same, I tried to launch SSBWiiU with this method, but it says there is a new update (in the parameters of the consol it says 5.5.2E but when I go to loadiine it says I'm on 5.5.1, so I think that there is a little thing that wasn't changed by this method and is saying to the consol I'm on 5.5.2E but send info to servers that I'm on 5.5.1) I thought installing the update with SysConfTool but it won't install on my European Black WiiU in rednand with Mocha CFW :/

Last edited by Silails,
Reactions: thaikhoa

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, same, I tried to launch SSBWiiU with this method, but it says there is a new update (in the parameters of the consol it says 5.5.2E but when I go to loadiine it says I'm on 5.5.1, so I think that there is a little thing that wasn't changed by this method and is saying to the consol I'm on 5.5.2E but send info to servers that I'm on 5.5.1) I thought installing the update with SysConfTool but it won't install on my European Black WiiU in rednand with Mocha CFW :/

There should be something more to do, not just installing the updating titles. I'm out of idea on that. The original Wupinstaller (even with the modified version to install any title) homebrew rejects to install other system titles other than the version one.

DaBlackDeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There should be something more to do, not just installing the updating titles. I'm out of idea on that. The original Wupinstaller (even with the modified version to install any title) homebrew rejects to install other system titles other than the version one.
For WUPInstaller you need a title.tik file. For installing the downloaded update files (in sys/update) you have to use System Config Tool (system_config_tool_p01).
I have just copied the 4 folders and the digest.bin (guess not needed) and installed those with SystemConfigTool.
My WiiU region is european if that matters.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For WUPInstaller you need a title.tik file. For installing the downloaded update files (in sys/update) you have to use System Config Tool (system_config_tool_p01).
I have just copied the 4 folders and the digest.bin (guess not needed) and installed those with SystemConfigTool.

Thanks for the info, just tried to install the 4 titles (w title.tik) using wupinstaller, still needs to update. I used to install the updating titles by system_config_tool_p01... I have no idea indeed :D.

Silails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But the installation does not work for me, it gives me an error, I'm on mocha CFW rednand, is Mocha compatible or do I need a fw.img?

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, that's strange indeed. Not to mention my RedNand and SysNand are unlinked.
could this be the reason it's not working for others? maybe while the nands are linked the version is detected as 5.5.1 instead

hopefully someone with more knowledge can help, looks like the best solution for rednand

Reactions: Silails

DaBlackDeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But the installation does not work for me, it gives me an error, I'm on mocha CFW rednand, is Mocha compatible or do I need a fw.img?
I'm on MochaCFW too. Altough, I still use one of the first MochaCFW version (without fw.img). Starting mocha via haxchi vc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse