Rednand can be updated ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Xyphoseos, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Xyphoseos
    OP

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Hello, a simple question, rednand can be updated ? Just for know ^^

2. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    You can't update rednand to the lastest firmware using system update. FYI, it's totally safe to try :D

3. Xyphoseos
    OP

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Why we can't ?

4. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Yes you can update redNAND (manually tho, you have to install those 4 things)

5. Xyphoseos
    OP

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    If people want to update his rednand he can directly with setting ? Without anythings ?

6. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    no

Masaki455 likes this.
  7. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Useless, after manually installing the 4 updating titles, the system still pops up update nag when accessing to eshop and updating game as well.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just lets the renand update itself, an error will be occurred but after that it won't force automatically download update. Use nnupatcher to access eshop, download game/update and play online on 5.5.1 without spoofing.

Xyphoseos likes this.
  8. DaBlackDeath

DaBlackDeath .::[ lone wolf ]::.

Dec 22, 2007
    Germany
    Not for me. I've updated RedNand to 5.5.2E and eshop is working too.
    So my SysNand is 5.5.1E.

Even though someone said RedNand is useless, I still use it and like it.

9. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    What exactly did you do to achieve that? I did many times by installing the 4 updating titiles but the update nag stills there when accessing to eshop.

10. DaBlackDeath

Dec 22, 2007
    Germany
    1. start downloading update and wait it's finished
    2. ftp everywhere to sys/update and copied the 4 folders to pc
    3. copied the 4 folders from pc to sd card
    4. opened SysConfigTool -> TitleManager -> Install and selected the 4 folders
    5. pressed R in SysConfigTool and waited for finish installing all 4 folders
    6. SysConfigTool - > Reboot System

Done.

11. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    I did exactly the same as you but it didn't work as it keeps giving me an update when accessing to eshop. Strange.

12. DaBlackDeath

Dec 22, 2007
    Germany
    Yup, that's strange indeed. Not to mention my RedNand and SysNand are unlinked.

thaikhoa likes this.
  13. Silails

Silails Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    France
    Hi, same, I tried to launch SSBWiiU with this method, but it says there is a new update (in the parameters of the consol it says 5.5.2E but when I go to loadiine it says I'm on 5.5.1, so I think that there is a little thing that wasn't changed by this method and is saying to the consol I'm on 5.5.2E but send info to servers that I'm on 5.5.1) I thought installing the update with SysConfTool but it won't install on my European Black WiiU in rednand with Mocha CFW :/

Last edited by Silails, Jul 22, 2017
    thaikhoa likes this.
  14. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    There should be something more to do, not just installing the updating titles. I'm out of idea on that. The original Wupinstaller (even with the modified version to install any title) homebrew rejects to install other system titles other than the version one.

15. DaBlackDeath

Dec 22, 2007
    Germany
    For WUPInstaller you need a title.tik file. For installing the downloaded update files (in sys/update) you have to use System Config Tool (system_config_tool_p01).
    I have just copied the 4 folders and the digest.bin (guess not needed) and installed those with SystemConfigTool.
    My WiiU region is european if that matters.

16. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Thanks for the info, just tried to install the 4 titles (w title.tik) using wupinstaller, still needs to update. I used to install the updating titles by system_config_tool_p01... I have no idea indeed :D.

17. Silails

Silails Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    France
    But the installation does not work for me, it gives me an error, I'm on mocha CFW rednand, is Mocha compatible or do I need a fw.img?

18. lenitao

lenitao GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2007
    United States
    could this be the reason it's not working for others? maybe while the nands are linked the version is detected as 5.5.1 instead

hopefully someone with more knowledge can help, looks like the best solution for rednand

Silails likes this.
  19. DaBlackDeath

Dec 22, 2007
    Germany
    I'm on MochaCFW too. Altough, I still use one of the first MochaCFW version (without fw.img). Starting mocha via haxchi vc.

20. Silails

Silails Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    France
    me too but the newest, do you have a link to the version of your mocha please?