Homebrew Redirection CIAs

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Hey, I have a dsiware title (Four Swords) which won't show up on the home menu (I'm using Cakes CFW on 11.0) but I can launch it through FBI and DevMenu. I installed it on my sysNAND and on my emuNAND (Yes, I did install to NAND, not SD) but they won't show up. If you have a fix for this, please say but thats not what this post is about.

I'm wondering if there's a cia file in which I can launch it and make it launch a title of my choice. I'm thinking once you boot it up you have a list of titles, and you select one, and when you want to change it again, you press a button as you load the file, and you can change it again. Maybe one which can match what title you're launching (Icon, Banner, Name, etc.) Maybe there's not one like that, only with the redirection which you set on a computer maybe.

I'm happy with any program which can launch my DSiWare from my homescreen though. Those extra features would be nice to have however.

EDIT: My post is unclear, I would like a forwarder CIA file which would launch my dsiware title from. The title can launch it through DevMenu, but it is not on my home menu, which I would like to change

SECOND EDIT: I launched Luma3DS and my problem is fixed, my dsiware title shows up. Switching to this now. Don't worry about this thread :P

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a dsiware title (Four Swords) which won't show up on the home menu (I'm using Cakes CFW on 11.0) but I can launch it through FBI and DevMenu. I installed it on my sysNAND and on my emuNAND (Yes, I did install to NAND, not SD) but they won't show up. If you have a fix for this, please say but thats not what this post is about.

I'm wondering if there's a cia file in which I can launch it and make it launch a title of my choice. I'm thinking once you boot it up you have a list of titles, and you select one, and when you want to change it again, you press a button as you load the file, and you can change it again. Maybe one which can match what title you're launching (Icon, Banner, Name, etc.) Maybe there's not one like that, only with the redirection which you set on a computer maybe.

I'm happy with any program which can launch my DSiWare from my homescreen though. Those extra features would be nice to have however.
Best thing I can think of would be NotifyMii
You could make a fake notif with a launch software button launching the program iirc

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I understood you correctly (you're looking for some sort of application menu), that's basically what most CIA managers do at this moment. They might just not be easy to understand and use for the end-user, since you're picking applications by app id and not by name.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
If I understood you correctly (you're looking for some sort of application menu), that's basically what most CIA managers do at this moment. They might just not be easy to understand and use for the end-user, since you're picking applications by app id and not by name.
I'm not looking for an application menu, I'm looking for a CIA which can launch a title as if it were that title. Say I had a cia of super smash brothers on my home menu, I would click it, and it would launch. It's exactly the same thing that I want here. I click the icon on my home menu, and it launches my dsiware. Of course you would need to select which title you want, maybe on computer or on the 3ds, but it would act the same way as a normal cia game. I just want an icon to launch Four Swords. And, I know it's done in app ids, I just google them to find out what they are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not looking for an application menu, I'm looking for a CIA which can launch a title as if it were that title. Say I had a cia of super smash brothers on my home menu, I would click it, and it would launch. It's exactly the same thing that I want here. I click the icon on my home menu, and it launches my dsiware. Of course you would need to select which title you want, maybe on computer or on the 3ds, but it would act the same way as a normal cia game. I just want an icon to launch Four Swords. And, I know it's done in app ids, I just google them to find out what they are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. I think "forwarder CIAs" have been around for a while, but mainly for GBA VC. The problem is those are usually used to boot sysNAND stuff through emuNAND, so I'm not sure if anyone's ever made a CIA to boot something on that same NAND.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. I think "forwarder CIAs" have been around for a while, but mainly for GBA VC. The problem is those are usually used to boot sysNAND stuff through emuNAND, so I'm not sure if anyone's ever made a CIA to boot something on that same NAND.
That name makes a lot more sense than what I named it xD Thanks for the info, tho. I'll check these out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate