Red light instead of green light

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by thephased, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008
  1. thephased
    OP

Newcomer thephased Member

United States
    I have an R4 III version 3.03 and when i turn my DSLite on with my R4 III there is a red light instead of a green light. When im in the R4 III menu it it will stay solid red and if i close it, it will blink red. In games it will stay solid red and when i close my DSLite it will blink green.

The games seem to play fine, but is it bad that im getting red lights instead of green ones?

I'm curious to see if other owners have this problem or have heard of it.

2. CCNaru

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    isnt that the batteries?

3. thephased
    OP

Newcomer thephased Member

United States
    wow i feel stupid. yeah i just checked my battery level and its definitely depleted. charging it now. still new to my DSLite as you can see.

thanks for the quick reply.

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    LOL. dude its the battery. green means u have a decent amount, red means charge. jeez ppl these days...

5. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Red means stop,stop playing and charge your damn batteries [​IMG],honestly noone reads the manual these days? [​IMG]

6. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Red means your batter is dead, flashing green means your DS is still on blah blah blah. It is all logical [​IMG]

7. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OK see, this is why people need to read the manual LOL.

Flashing green means you are using wireless play, be it adhoc or infrastructure. Flashing red means you're using wireless play and your batteries are gonna die real bloody soon so you better plug in the farkin AC charger or else you'll be labeled as a "OMG disconnector" on Nintendo Wifi.

What, people download DS Systems these days and they didn't come with a manual? LAWL

8. s0nicfreak_

Newcomer s0nicfreak_ Newbie

United States
    oh man I lol'd so hard

9. Tri3dgE

Newcomer Tri3dgE Member

Philippines
    Lol wut? I love these kinds of threads, when the user posts a question and later facepalms himself in a funny manner when they realize the answer and say: "Oh shit..."

10. skyman747

Member skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Flashing green is also when you have your DS in sleep mode, which is what I believe jager may have meant?
    I think they should stop printing Manuals and just include a little pamphlet that has a link to an online version. Think of all the tree's they could save.

11. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    wat about if its blue? i got that twice.

12. skyman747

Member skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It means your DS microphone is being tapped into by aliens to research you. [​IMG]

13. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    We're talking about while playing, but yeah flashing green/red also happens when the DS is closed while a game is running, same thing about indicators, green means battery is good red means charge it, not close it [​IMG]

I don't have to say what happens when you close your DS while a wifi game is going [​IMG]

The idea of the User Manual is that when a customer opens the box, they have to read it (sometimes referred to as 'Instruction manual'). If they don't recycle it they waste a tree by not feeding their knowledge receptors [​IMG] Now the DS is no exception, we all know about that Health and Safety warning upon turning on a newly bought DS, I quote "Before Playing, read the health and safety precautions booklet for important information about your health and safety" including a web link to an extra copy. Now it doesn't say manual, but my god there's something to read lol.

14. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    @OP, how long have you got your DS??? [​IMG]

Seriously, the red light will show up after you play for a total of 4 hours or more, how can you not know about that?