Hacking Red Card not being detected.

xenogenx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey so I have just recently bought a 3ds on 8.1, I got my gateway yesterday and I have been having trouble setting it up.

I can successfully boot it into gateway mode because I was able to update emunand to 9.5 however my 3ds doesnt detect my red card. I ran the diagnostic test in the gateway menu and everything came out as a pass.

I also tried updating my card by holding down R, I believe it updates successfully because it completes without any error, however when it completes it asks me to hit A to continue and when I do I just get a black screen. I have tried formatting my microsd several times, both as Fat32 and exfat

Btw I am using a Transcend 32 bit. I was thinking that likely either my microsd card is incompatible or my red card is defective?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Did you download the latest Launcher.dat from Gateway? The new 9.5 update that came out recently disabled the multirom menu for gateway (normally activated with the select button). So it would appear as if it didn't work at all unless you only had one rom on the MicroSD card (in which case I think the card automatically selects it)

The 3.0.4 release from Gateway fixes this. Be sure you downloaded it again if you hadn't done so in awhile. The 9.5 update has only been out for a few days, so if you had initially downloaded the needed files from Gateway while you were waiting for your Gateway to arrive in the mail, it's likely outdated by now. ;)

xenogenx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you download the latest Launcher.dat from Gateway? The new 9.5 update that came out recently disabled the multirom menu for gateway (normally activated with the select button). So it would appear as if it didn't work at all unless you only had one rom on the MicroSD card (in which case I think the card automatically selects it)

The 3.0.4 release from Gateway fixes this. Be sure you downloaded it again if you hadn't done so in awhile. ;)

Ya, I'm on 3.0.4. I just got my gateway yesterday so I have the latest download from the site.

Also I remember that I the first time I tried it my red card updated automatically successfully, but I thought I messed something up so I reformatted both my SD and my microsd. After that first time My red card doesnt update automatically when I go to the gateway menu. I'm not sure if that means my card won't update, or if its already updated on some onboard memory on the red card.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be doing unnecessary updates to the red card. That's the quickest route to bricking the red card if something goes wrong.

If it's not up-to-date the Gateway menu would indicate that when you attempt to boot into Gateway mode.

At what stage is it currently not working? Are you able to activate the exploit and get to the Gateway menu? If so what happens when you try to use Gateway/Classic Mode? (they both use emunand)

Perhaps your emunand is just messed up for whatever reason. You can redo the emunand setting up process and then see if it boots correctly. As for the MicroSD card for your red card, it's best to have that formatted using exFAT file system. The SD card that goes into the 3DS should be FAT32. Backup what's on it before you setup emunand as it will wipe the card when you do so. Setting up emunand does not affect the MicroSD card in the red card so you don't have to worry about that one.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frequently this behavior is a contact issue. Blow out the slot with a can of air and make sure the cards are seated securly. If you can boot into gateway mode the 3dsnis recognizing the gateway card, sounds like the trouble is with the mSD.

xenogenx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is showing up when you hit SELECT in EmuNAND? You should see menu with roms.

Okay, I'm an idiot haha. I thought I read the guide carefully but I guess I skimmed that part. I assumed it would be like my r4 for ds where I would go into the actual cartridge then select my game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: