Recruiting a Patcher(or whatever the term is)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Tomtoonami, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Tomtoonami
    OP

Tomtoonami Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2013
    United States
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I received permission from the Translator of this Growlanser 6 Translation http://www.growlanser-realm.com/translations/gl6script.txt to Try to recruit someone to turn it into a Game patch, I didnt know exactly where to put it so I thought this might be the best place, Please Message me if youre interested.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I had a quick look around.

It is a very late stage (as in PS3 was released) PS2 game. The PS2 was a kind of interesting system, on the face of it the game should use the standard iso stuff and be manipulatable with the same, however many games use raw LBA reads too though I have no idea if that happens here. In general with the PS2 there can be some interesting things but for the most part it is simple enough.
    By the looks of things it is a single playthrough translation. Is it dumped or copied as an when do you know? Either way it is tweaked to be more human readable which can often make the job of the insertion people harder.

Would the (or other) translators be willing to work on any more translation when more text is dumped (they said they did not translate the alternative choices in the game)?

3. Tomtoonami
    OP

Tomtoonami Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2013
    United States
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I asked her, Might take a while tho since my only contact right now is her site
    I'm sorry I'm new at this and just want to make one of my favorite game series more widely available

4. Tomtoonami
    OP

Tomtoonami Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2013
    United States
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I know it took forever, but she said She'd prolly do it after what she already has done is a patch

5. Dabel

Dabel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    Armenia
    Make this happen!