Hacking Recording From DS Directly

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to record screenshots and videos directly from the DSi using an acekard (any homebrew that can do it?). I can't find any method that doesnt use a camera.

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has nothing to do with the dsi specifically, I just want to record gameplay from a ds. Is there a way to do that?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
No it's not possible. The DS can only run one piece of software at a time, so you can't run a game and an application capable of taking screenshots side by side.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope so....If it can record video it would become the awesome device of awesome eliminated the use of me camera completely. It's already replaced my psp which I mostly used for music and it will definitely make it null and void when my Supercard DSTWO comes in (thanks to the video capabilities)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
if DSi mode is crack could someone make a video-taking homebrew. I wondered that but never asked
No.

The DS (Including DSi and most likely 3DS) does NOT have the CPU power to capture video while running a game.
It cannot even support basic multitasking, let alone multitasking while a game is running, let alone multitasking a game and video capturing.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
i don't want to record a game...i just mean a regular video recorder.....like a camcorder
That's kind of off from the topic, but the answer to that is is 'possibly... provided someone is willing to put the time into writing a video capture app'.
But if that's all you want to do, why not use a regular digital camera or cellphone?

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
@twiztidsinz
1)Fancy phones cost more than I'm willingly to pay for a device that is intended to make calls and text
2)I could get a camera but if someone made video capture app it couldn't be any more worst than the one I already have and again I don't have money to buy a decent camcorder...im broke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: