Recommended portable console(s) for emulators?

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are so many portable console(s) for emulators with newer models get released all the time that it's chaotic. It also doesn't helps the fact that YouTubers who review that kind of consoles are divided when it comes to reviewing of certain consoles. I was thinking buying Retroid Pocket 2+ but unfortunately you can only buy it from their official site and it takes months to get delivered (it's even worse with Greek delivery services being garbage). So my question is: which portable console(s) for emulators would you recommend and they're already available in the market? If possible, consoles that are available at Banggood.

Here are some of my basic requiredments:
- Being able to be connected with HDMI cable at TV
- Being able to connect extra wireless controllers on tv
- Playing perfectly emulators for these consoles: GBA, SNES, Playstation 1
- Having the best performance possible for these consoles: Nintendo 64, Saturn, Dreamcast, arcades (including 3D arcade games from late '90s - early 2000s)
- Having easy-friendly interface and preinstalled emulators

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a V1 unpatched Nintendo Switch is a good option. It matches all of your requirements above, EXCEPT preinstalled emulators. They average around $80 to $300 depending on their condition, and if you get a V1 specifically, you can hack it and install numerous emulators. It runs PSX, Dreamcast, and even some Saturn.

If you are looking for more performance, and software versatility, then the Steam Deck is your way to go. It is about 3 times as powerful as a Nintendo Switch, and starts at a respectable $399. It should be able to emulate just about anything, and as a bonus can be used as a real PC. It doesn't come with any emulators, but since it runs Linux, you can easily install them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-