Hacking Recommended 360 model for hacking

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Got a Falcon 1 on RGH and the temps are lower then that of a Slim.
Plus it's instaboot every turn of the button.

Only avoid Xenon/Zephyr's.
Those are the RRoD consoles.
Falcons are pretty okay.
Jaspers/Kronosses are the best of the Phatties

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Early Slims and late Phatties are the best indeed.

Personally, Falcon on RGH 1 is the best there is.
No need to tweak it, stock wiring, glitches everytime on the first cycle.
Falcon on RGH2 is a nightmare.
Can the be rgh1 thought it was 2 or r-jtag only, but I'm still learnin so could be wrog

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RGH 1 is the original RGH.
RGH 2 is the Trinity style RGH (2 extra wires)

Slims already had split CB's (split second bootloaders)
In order to patch the RGH, MS decided to split the CB of the Phats as well.
This proven to be unsuccessful so RGH2 was developed for Phats (well the Trinity hack was applied)

After that, MS decided to add a salt to the booting process wich made RGHing above 15572 impossible.
TX responded to this by making a DGX (which at the time was only used to extract DVD keys)
Then a group released some files which made RGHing possible again for Slims (And phats?)
TX's DGX chip was able to just glitch the boxes from the start (people say that TX just wanted to make money by forcing people to buy a CR3 Pro)
After that TX allowed people to convert their DGX into a RGX which allowed people to use the RGX as a glitchchip
Later TX made a faster chip (R-JTAG) which re-enables the JTAG hack on Phats (possibly glitching the 360 into a JTAG vulnerable CB)

TX is also developing a new chip for the Slims which should be just as fast as the R-JTAG

Crappage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, I found a 2010 360 Slim at... GameStop... Not the best place to find one, I know, but I was with my grandparents at the time and they wanted to get me something for my birthday so I stopped by and asked if they had one. $243...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's a Trinity and the dashboard is 16203. I'm not sure if I want to tackle installing RGH myself. I could probably do it but I don't have a soldering iron at the moment. If I do, is there any hardware I need other than the modchip itself? Where's the best place to order one? And do I need to DVD flash as well, or is RGH all I need to play off of a harddrive? I won't be using burned discs.

If I decide to NOT do it myself, how do I find someone to send it to? I live on the east coast of USA.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need a NAND-X/JRunner programmer to dump the NAND.
And no, you won't need to flash the DVD drive.

As for a place to get it hacked, don't know one.
If you want to do it yourself, be prepared, the points of the 360 are extremely small.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!