Hardware Recommend me some headphones?

Arras

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so I've been using the standard Apple earbuds for about 5 years now (that's also how old they are) and people around me complain about the noise, they're falling apart and the sound quality is pretty shitty. So honestly almost anything that produces sound would be an improvement, but I'd like something that's a bit better.
I wasn't planning on spending any more than, say, 40$ but I might be talked into buying something more expensive if there's a good reason. I haven't really decided whether to get headphones or earbuds either. It would mostly be used for gaming and watching videos at home though, so headphones might be better.

Edit: I got a Sennheiser HD 201. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as cheap goes, I like Sony's headphones in the $30 range, but I've never tried their earbuds if that's what you're set on. Also, durability is an issue, but they sound good and at $30 I don't mind replacing them every few years.

Reactions: Arras

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sound quality wise $40 ain't going to get you anywhere, considering you need both headphone and external DAC to have good sound quality.

But $40 headphone budget wise you should look for an used SR850, Monoprice headphone, or Panasonic RP-HTF600. That's about the best you can get from that budget. And no, just because it is Sennheiser does not mean it is a good headphone, there are plenty Sennheiser that sounds bad.

Sound is something you have to spend more to get better quality out of it.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ones that transmit sound into your ears when you put them on your head. (duh) No, I'll safely say Sony. Bose headphones are really nice too; they almost completely cut out background noise.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ones that transmit sound into your ears when you put them on your head. (duh) No, I'll safely say Sony. Bose headphones are really nice too; they almost completely cut out background noise.

Bose = Biggest Overpriced Sound Equipment.

Seriously, Bose is really overpriced. Sennheiser delivers better sound quality at every price level.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always come to suggest my headphones, and then I see piddly budgets and get sad.
Oh well.

Anything by Sennheiser. All of their stuff rocks. Very, very solid brand. I'm always happy with their headphones. Their headsets sometimes have weak mics though.

Tokopimv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using Sony MDR-ZX300 headphones for the past 2,5 years and I absolutely love them. They give quite good sound quality, and they're quite cheap aswell.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Literally anything from Sennheiser. Set your budget, and find some Sennheisers within that budget. You can't go wrong.
+1

Try getting Sony ones, or if you wanna waste a little bit more go for beats and/or Wesc.
You sir should be burned at the stake.

Reactions: YayMii and Arras
D

Deleted User

"SENNHEISER HD438"

You can get them for like $70. I wouldn't recommend spending low amounts on headphones if you care about sound.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been using the standard Apple earbuds for about 5 years now (that's also how old they are) and people around me complain about the noise, they're falling apart and the sound quality is pretty shitty. So honestly almost anything that produces sound would be an improvement, but I'd like something that's a bit better.
I wasn't planning on spending any more than, say, 40$ but I might be talked into buying something more expensive if there's a good reason. I haven't really decided whether to get headphones or earbuds either. It would mostly be used for gaming and watching videos at home though, so headphones might be better.
Get some skullcandy earbuds cost 8$ and they sound good enough for me. I will say they dont last long at all prob 1 month plus, but while they last I think they sound great.

Arras

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a Sennheiser HD 201. I was originally planning to go with the 205, but one of the online stores had a 30% sale on this one. Anyway, thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Have some likes. Except for you, Eric :P Headphones for 50$ that last three years or 8$ that last a month? Hmm...

D

Deleted User

I bought a Sennheiser HD 201. I was originally planning to go with the 205, but one of the online stores had a 30% sale on this one. Anyway, thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Have some likes. Except for you, Eric :P Headphones for 50$ that last three years or 8$ that last a month? Hmm...

I've always loved the two cord look on headphones. HD 201 was a good choice.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Eh, found some good (well good for their price) earphones (what the fuck is an ear bud?) in your price range, was pretty hard to!

http://www.amazon.com/Audiofly-Series-Headset-Microphone-IshGreen/dp/B00855JOL8

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-CW31-Wooden-Headphones-Players/dp/B004OBZ2X6

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, found some good (well good for their price) earphones (what the fuck is an ear bud?) in your price range, was pretty hard to!

http://www.amazon.com/Audiofly-Series-Headset-Microphone-IshGreen/dp/B00855JOL8

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-CW31-Wooden-Headphones-Players/dp/B004OBZ2X6

Oh shit didn't realise you got some, I could've found you some better headphones than that probably for cheaper too

such as these which are ridiculously low priced for their quality

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=8323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1