prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
2yvlchf.jpg

3588 - Rhythm Heaven
2517 - Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Same as above but in Japanese, much more enjoyable IMO)
2696 - Kirby Super Star Ultra
2384 - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Grimoire of the Rift

Four of my top ten NDS games.

2n69ky8.jpg

Master_B

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
like the first reply said.... nostalgia. I just finished it and played for 41 hours! I just started with sands of destruction.... and going to start with suikoden soon :-D

Volture

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omocho said:
Guild McCommunist said:
outgum said:
Sigh* Guild, YOu should know this better than most people right?
Each to there own. (I should really practice what i preach also >_>)
But i dont like it for culture, i hate culture >_> Im Racist.
I purely liked it for the Gameplay and storyline.
Once you get used to the maps, thats not a problem.

Well, you're an exception then. Although the storyline is basically nothing more than Shibuya culture wrapped in a Japanese tortilla. It was interesting and better than most JRPG storylines, but still, it was pretty obvious that it was sucker punching people who are obsessed with Japanese culture.

Mapping all of your character's battle commands to touch screen motions is a bad idea. Often times it'll get your moves mixed up. It worked, but that's at its best. It's far from a perfect system.

You should probably play the game before saying something. I can tell you haven't because you don't have a clue what the story is. I HATE anime, and most things japanese and this game still blew me away with its awesomeness.

The battle system was perfectly fine if you aren't a complete moron. I'm sorry, but it's true. I never had clutter problems ever with my pins because of these simple reasons:
1: Ordering them properly (the pin closest to the left will be used first if it has the same/similar activation as another pin you are using)
2: Using the sub-pin system.
3: Not using freakin' pins that all have similar activations (there are -so- many pins to choose from, it's nearly impossible to actually NEED to rely on a bunch of similarly activated pins)

The battle system is unique, and quite amazing. I wish more games followed TWEWY's combat system. Having to focus on the bottom and top screen to optimize combat was also pretty ingenious.

Methinks you're one of those people that hates popular things, or hates something before you even try it. (and then formulate rants based on others opinions, which is a terrible idea because often times you end up looking stupid)

Before I played TWEWY I thought it looked a little off (graphically), wasn't too sure of the combat system, and was skeptical about the storyline.
After playing the game that all changed. The graphics are really nice and do a good job. The combat system is unique and works very well. The game is huge, there is a TON of things to do. The story is amazing and well thought out as well. Characters are also unique and interesting.
If someone has trouble 'getting into' the game, stick it out. I hear that sometimes with TWEWY, but once people get into the game they start really REALLY liking it.
I guess opinions about this game really are influenced by one's interest. I absolutely love anime/manga and the Japanese culture and I find TWEWY really crappy. Perspective when walking isn't that good, battle-system really sucks imo, and Guild IS right, this game is mainly hype because of Shibuya.

Anyway, to stay ontopic; Nostalgia, Devil Survivor and Sands of Destruction are probably good choices
smile.gif

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly TWENY is a piece of turd. The fanboy-ism for this game is just...freakin..surprising....what a load of crap.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FRONT MISSION is the tits. I always recommend it to people looking for an RPG to play. Its more numbers and tactics, but theres tons of costomization and tactics play a huge part too. You level up but its only for specified skills. The Attack/defense is mostly along the lines of your parts on the robots.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mk123a said:
Honestly TWENY is a piece of turd. The fanboy-ism for this game is just...freakin..surprising....what a load of crap.

It's funny how no one actually defines -why- the game is bad. Just that it is bad, and they like to call out the fanboys.
That's basically just saying you hate the game because it's popular.
Oh, and by 'define why the game is bad' I mean something that can't be the players fault, that makes the player bad...not the game.

People can dislike something, I really don't care. But when someone is just trolling and doesn't give a reason, then i'm going to call them out for their idiocy.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
mk123a said:

It's funny how no one actually defines -why- the game is bad. Just that it is bad, and they like to call out the fanboys.
That's basically just saying you hate the game because it's popular.
Oh, and by 'define why the game is bad' I mean something that can't be the players fault, that makes the player bad...not the game.

People can dislike something, I really don't care. But when someone is just trolling and doesn't give a reason, then i'm going to call them out for their idiocy.
Agreed. Not trying to be mean but, you can't just state a game is bad and expect everyone to go along with it.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Elfeckin said:
I'm trying devil survivor now. Graphically reminds me of twewy but it's pretty fun so far. I'll give some of the others a shot soon. Deffinetly going to play m&l partners in time with the gf. Still can't freaking wait for the new ace attorney game!!!!! So soon!!!!
You mean Miles Edgeworth? o.o'

westarrr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Elfeckin said:
I'm trying devil survivor now. Graphically reminds me of twewy but it's pretty fun so far. I'll give some of the others a shot soon. Deffinetly going to play m&l partners in time with the gf. Still can't freaking wait for the new ace attorney game!!!!! So soon!!!!

SMT: Devil Survivor has a weird story...
i mean... c'mon! death clock... COMPs with Demon thingies...

Quite fun, just not my style..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: