Gaming Recommend me adventure games

Rehehelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I always loved this series of games. Got my brain working, and the quirkyness of the monkey island series made me love it more.

I want to find more games to play like this, although I know the genre is dying/dead, but hey, old games are fun.

The ones i've played are:
The Broken Sword series (I saw the first in the series was called Circle of Blood in the states)
The Monkey Island series
Grim Fandango
Myst (didn't really like it..)
Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in the states)
Maniac Mansion
Sam & Max
Simon the Sorcerer
Loom
Day of the Tentacle
Beneath a Steel Sky
Flight of the Amazon Queen

Are there any out there that i'm missing out on? Or.. have I played all the good ones :X

edit; can't forget the discworld series too
or LBA (Twinsens Odyssey in the states. Why are they compelled to change names abroad? Just confuses me
frown.gif
)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes 1. That's a great adventure game with great graphics. VGA goodness.

And try The Colonel's Bequest. One of my favourite oldie...

Also don't forget games like Kyrandia, Space Quest, Police Quest, King's Quest and others...

At that time, Sierra had a big share of the adventures market...
tongue.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The new Sam&Max games (Season 1) aren't bad, either, but not much of a challenge...It's a pity they decided to split it up into many tiny games
frown.gif

If at least they'd made chapters similar to those in the Monkey Island games, but it feels like you're playing a sitcom...
But like I've said, they're not bad, some of the better adventures that were released recently

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Broken Sword 1 & 2 are absolutely awesome. So many people haven't played them, yet they're complete classics. Thankfully Broken Sword is coming to DS sometime in the future. As long as it isn't a lazy port, I'll most certainly be playing it again.
With that in mind, I should probably play Monkey Island seeing as I never played it. Worth checking out people?
Oh, and I think you've covered pretty much all good point-and-clicks there. I'm out of ideas myself.

EDIT:
And agreed on Myst, I couldn't get into it either. Mainly because of the lack of plot. And then when I tried Myst IV (which does have some plot) it was completely ununderstandable.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trolly said:
With that in mind, I should probably play Monkey Island seeing as I never played it. Worth checking out people?
blink.gif

You mean the first Monkey Island game, or the whole series?
Most people will agree that the Monkey Island games are the BEST adventure games EVER. By far.
Monkey Island 1 is awesome, just like the rest of the series, so you may not miss that.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Toonstruck!

I played it yesterday and it's a very good game with great cartoony graphics but adult humor featuring Cristopher "Doc Brown" Lloyd and Dan "Jay" Castellaneta!

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm addicted to the MI series of games as well, play them over several times a year :-P

I also recommend Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father, which is the first in the series. It is a sierra game from back in the day, but has a great story and plays very well. The sequels to the game suck sadly, but this one game is definitely worth a playthru!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lost in time (but it's really old and short)
Fantasmagoria (I didn't play it yet, but I think it's good a game)
Curse of enchantia (I never finish it, it was hard)
Kyrandia were great too
Les voyageur du temps (travelers of time ?)
indiana jones Fate of Atlantis (I liked it a lot)
Gabriel knight (so hard, I needed a FAQ to play it)

there are all old games now
frown.gif

there's a lot of (almost all french) abandonware here
(I hope I can link to abandonware, else please delete it)

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm assuming that you simply forgot to mention the Indiana Jones games from your list? If you haven't played them, you seriously need to, The Last Crusade and The Fate Of Atlantis are both awesome games. Full Throttle is another awesome Lucasarts game that should be played, along with The Dig.

Been mentioned before, but the Space Quest series is definitely worth checking out, along Sierras other games including the Police Quest series, Kings Quest (been meaning to play all of these, only played a couple) and Torin's Passage.

You should check out Runaway aswell. It was made 3 or 4 years ago and the idea behind it was more or less to make a good old fashioned 2d adventure game, with decent graphics. Tis pretty cool. Not played Runaway 2 yet, so can't say how good that is.

I'm a huge fan of some of the modern 3d adventure games that have been out in recent years, quick list below of what I can remember that are good:

Syberia I & II - Both excellent adventure games and well worth playing
Secret Files: Tunguska - V nice game
Nibiru: Age Of Secrets
Obscure
The Longest Journey - Need to play the second one, bought it recently in a special edition boxset
Still Life I - Nice games. Just found out that there's a sequel due out this November
biggrin.gif

BTW, you can't really go wrong with any of the games supported by ScummVM

D

Deleted User

I'm surprised none of you mentioned 'Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders'. It's still one of my favourite games, ever. There's a fan sequel of it too 'Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space'. I'll have to admit that I don't know if it's multi language or german only, since I just downloaded it some days ago and haven't played it yet. They worked seven years on it and it looks really good, imo.

http://www.zak2.org

Cyan said:
Fantasmagoria (I didn't play it yet, but I think it's good a game)
It's definitely worth checking out, although it's not on par with the old Lucasarts games. The second Phantasmagoria wasn't that good, though.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Javacat mentioned all the ones I was going to so I'll reiterate them again! -

Space Quest games
Indiana Jones games
The Dig
Full Throttle

Some of the best adventure games ever right there.

What's the best way to play the Space Quest games these days? Last time I tried to play them (a few years ago now) they played way too fast and I couldn't do anything...

They haven't re-released them in an updated emulator package or something have they?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1