OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I would like you to recommend me a good flashcard that I could mainly use as a GBA games-flashcard, and some music/video with Moonshell. I already have an M3 Simply, so a Passcard is not necessary for me, and NDS-compatibility don't have to be 100%.

I would like to have something rather easy to use. I don't want the card to be in DS Lite-only size since I currently only have a DS Phat, but having multiple shells for GBA/DS Phat and DS Lite would be nice (but not essential). But I don't want something sticking out of the DS, at least not too much. I don't really care if it's internal memory or memory card.

I will have credit from www.gamersection.ca, so the card must be invailable at that shop. The total price would need to be around 80$, more or less, including the memory card (if there's a memory card needed...).

At the moment, my choice would be an EZ Flash 4 with a MiniSD card, but I'm still looking for what would be the best.

What are your suggestions, GBAtempers?
yaynds.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want GBA games + Moonshell media, you'll find that internal memory cards won't do you any good. Basically it boils down to the EZ4 or the M3L Perfect. They both have about the same GBA combatibilty so for me it came down to price. The M3L Perfect is about twice the amount of a EZ4 so you can see the winner here.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, you just described the EZ4 SPOT ON

look at the review and you find will that each and every single point that you made is available there.
The only thing i dont like is the fact that it seethrough white and it doesnt have those winged top bits that you have on regular carts.
its still flush but a bit to small(in width) to take up the whole gba slot. it fits fine though

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
For dsphat

i think that he means GBA compatible as in compatible with the GBA SP/M

the EZ4 deluxe is a lot better than the minisd/lite version and a bit more expensive too

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the EZ4 have everything I described except the ability to switch between GBA and NDSL sizes. The G6 Lite does have this feature, however. So how is the EZ4 better than the G6?

And what is the difference between the Deluxe EZ and the EZ4? The only "deluxe" one I found on Gamersection was NDS Lite-only...

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the EZ4 have everything I described except the ability to switch between GBA and NDSL sizes. The G6 Lite does have this feature, however. So how is the EZ4 better than the G6?

And what is the difference between the Deluxe EZ and the EZ4? The only "deluxe" one I found on Gamersection was NDS Lite-only...

I understand, i guess its your own choice then.
The EZ4 beats the G6 in terms of price and memory. I dont know about you but with 2gbit games coming out soon, G6 isnt gonna cut it. Also, a EZ4 + 2gb memcard is cheaper than a G6

the deluxe version has the ability to run any game from PSram mode. That means games run after a couple of seconds loading, whereas on the EZ4 you had to use the NOR storage if you wanted to play a gba game thats over 128mbit.
Flashing to NOR takes like 5 minutes too...

the deluxe is lite onmly sadly, but it matches the colors of the dsl great i heard.

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so my final choice will be a GBA-sized EZ4 then!!

The only thing missing is the ability to make it fit flush in a NDSL, but if I ever decide to buy a Lite, I could still use my M3 Simply on it and keep the EZ for my Phat.
tongue.gif

Well, now I only need to wait for Gamersection to give my credit to buy this! ^^

PS: You talked about GBA games over 128mbit that took longer to flash. But aren't there like... 2 games like this (Kingdom Hearts, wich I already finished, and another RPG...)?

galbro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought the EFA Liner II (1 Gbit) this cart is hard to find but the EFA Linker 512mbit you can buy, im sure it works just as good..

i havent had a problem with the efa linker II at all, it save, it played all my games so far without any bugs in it. but i have tested other flash card such as supercard sd and this cart does not play all games! and some game will play slow sometimes, i think the people who made the supercard put a really cheap Ram memory in the card and this is why its slow...i also testing the EZ flash III totally dissapointed - sometimes i had to replug the ez flash many times into the usb in order for it to connect to windows - windows would not detect it! and when i tryed to write to ez flash it would lock up and i had to reformat the cart and i lost all my saves!

so based on this i am not to sure on the overall performance of all the cart - you just dont know til you buy it and try it but ive had the EFA linker II and i havent had any problems no buggs or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker