ROM Hack Recomendations for a ROM trimmer

timsandtoms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys recommend any good ROM trimmers? And I have a coupla questions about em... Do they mess up Action Replay cheats? And if they mess up the ROM, is it apparent right from the start(IE the ROM just won't work at all), or do they screw up halfway through or something, in which case, would my save file still work if I used it with a non-trimmed ROM?

I have Ubuntu 7.10 and Windows XP, so stuff for either would be fine =]

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they screw up usually it is apparent as they usually get trimmed when they mess up to a size that wouldn't require a DS cart of that size. Yes cheats will still work since all it is doing is trimming the extra bit used to fill up the unused part of the cart. I haven't tried it but the same save should work as long as they have the right name.

timsandtoms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Minox_IX:
biggrin.gif
Alright, thanks, that looks to be perfect! I like when I can just use the same program on both computers. I especially like the "- Does not require .net shi*" line on the website
smile.gif

@Pimpmynintendo: So if I read that right, if a 16MB gets trimmed down to an 8MB for example, I know I have a problem? And I don't really know the specifics of how DS cartridges and Action Replays work, so I thought I'd ask
tongue.gif

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timsandtoms said:
@Pimpmynintendo: So if I read that right, if a 16MB gets trimmed down to an 8MB for example, I know I have a problem? And I don't really know the specifics of how DS cartridges and Action Replays work, so I thought I'd ask
tongue.gif

I think its more-so when it trims practically everything like down to kilobytes. But the other possibility could occur i guess.

timsandtoms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
timsandtoms said:
tongue.gif

I think its more-so when it trims practically everything like down to kilobytes. But the other possibility could occur i guess.

Ohhhh, ok, I get it, I'll watch for that.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
From what I've googled looks like this one doesn't block wi-fi and stuff. What about Download and Play, does it work?

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
If a ROM gets trimmed to less than half of its original size it usually means something went wrong. The one exception is 8MB ROMs as that is the smallest cart size yet some games are less than half that and still come on 8MB carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte