Hacking Recently updated to 3.4... what are my options?

nickname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So it had been some time since I had turned my Wii on to play a game. So long infact that there were updates for the Homebrew channel
smile.gif

So after doing this, I decided to try the newest Tiger Woods game. Of course when I put it in, it said that the game required the system to be updated.

Hesitant, we tried a few things and weren't able to bypass.. since I haven't been caught up on the newest updates I wasn't sure what to do, so we updated thinking that perhaps the Homebrew channel had been improved to automatically patch the system menu. Nonetheless, thats not the case, and now we are back with system menu 3.4 and cannot play any backup games.

My question here is what are my options and where would I start considering I already have Homebrew installed. I know there are a ton of guides, but Im not sure where i would need to start at this point because I have heard that these backup discs can now be played with system menu 3.4. Not true?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!

-Nick

PS. I am using a NTSC console in Canada if that means anything.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what your total homebrew goals are with your wii but I would grab a sd card pack and downgrade to 3.2. Then apply patches.

Your hbc is still installed, correct? If it's not then you will need to reinstall the twilight hack first. the 3.4 menu system will quickly delete the twilight hack save game so load it in and immediately start zelda and execute the hack or it will get wiped out of ram.

Easiest method is to look for the big Moe sd card pack and follow it carefully. It should give you all the individual apps you need to fake sign your IOS's with Trucha bug and to downgrade the system menu version back to 3.2U. From there I would upgrade your cIOS version to something more recent. At least v9 or v13a. Then cMIOS v3. Neogamma r4 or r6, Softchip r99, and GC Loader 0.1 Xi AND GC Loader 0.2 (if you want support on ALL the GC titles).

Once you do all that run WiiSCU to update everything so that you can play all the new games without doing more updating to your menus. You should install bootmii too for safety.

Now, two choices here. Preloader or Starfall but do one of them for sure so this can't happen to you again.

Starfall is dated software now, but if you only care about blocking those update notifications on the disc and hiding the health menu then it will work just fine. Preloader does all the same and much more but also requires a bit more understanding to utilize it fully and effectively. In my opinion more people have had issues with preloader than I ever saw with starfall. Starfall will not work on system menu 4.0 if you didn't already know.

-------- Unless you want to go to system menu 4.0.... the options there are different, i'm still learning about all the new features.

hope this helps ya some.

One last thing, there is this windows app called brickblocker that you can use to strip those updates out of a game iso before you ever burn it. Kinda late to tell you now, but hey learning is half the battle.
gbasp.gif

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Far easier just to use Wiipower's trucha bug restorer and then install neogamma and a cIOS of rev7+ to run the back up discs via HBC. Job done.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
1. You could just update to 4.0 safely with assasda's guide (sry i dont know how to spell)
If you update to 4.0 you will get your IOS updated so the disc won't update your wii

2. Get back-up loaders to run your games.... They stop your games from updating your system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads