Hacking Received a fake DSTT from Dealwoot.

asterioth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just woke up and got my package out of the mail, looked at the cart and it matches the pictures/descriptions of the the fake one. =\ Just contacted them and now to wait and see what they say. It works fine right now though.

cerenade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
asterioth said:
Just woke up and got my package out of the mail, looked at the cart and it matches the pictures/descriptions of the the fake one. =\ Just contacted them and now to wait and see what they say. It works fine right now though.

im sure many people have, me being one, tell us what you find out if anything

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like all companies are getting the fake DSTTs. If they are all getting them maybe this is really a new DSTT.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tell them if they're going to sell 'the fakes' they could at least match DX's $19
smile.gif

cerenade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cerenade said:
asterioth said:

im sure many people have, me being one, tell us what you find out if anything

got mine from DX tho, and klein could very well be right

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my DSTT seems a bit snug for my DS. It fits in but getting it out requires a bit of force. Also, I sent another message to DealExtreme that if these "new" DSTTs have the same build quality as the fakes then will they send a refund for those having problems with them.

asterioth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Received a reply from them, it looks like they don't know that they might have fakes:
QUOTE said:
Customer Support wrote:

Dear Timothy,

As far as we know, our DSTT's are authentic. Please inform us of how you know that the DSTT that you received is fake. Also, did the DSTT that you receive work with the DSTT firmware? We are interested in your answer so that we can be aware of this issue.

Regards,
Team DealWoot

My response:

QUOTEhttp://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=101132
The one I received matches the one on the right with the visible gold dot and the J2 visible without opening it up. Also http://www.ndstt.com/english/index_en.htm has a warning about fake DSTT's. However some people are thinking that this might be a new version of the DSTT but no one is really sure right now.

In regards to your question about the firmware, yes, it is working.

All people have to go on is the difference between the DSTT's people were getting before and the DSTT's people are getting now combined with DSTT's warning on their website. Any information you have on this would be appreciated.

cerenade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Diablo1123 said:
What I'd like to point out in all this is that ndstt.com never released any pictures of how the authentic dstt should look like. Or the fake ones.

i was going to make this point before, anyhow dx said that to their knowledge is was real

asterioth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another response, I am beginning to think that these are just new versions of the DSTT.

QUOTE said:
Dear Timothy,

As far as we are aware, the batch that we received is authentic and is the newest batch. We double-checked this with our vendors. According to the posts on GBAtemp, it is still unclear whether these are fake units or are just a different version. Our vendors are informing us that it is a different version and is authentic. Keep in mind that we test all our products, including your DSTT to ensure its performance.

Regards,
Team DealWoot

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not a fake dstt, there is no fake dstt seems, all u got is just two versions from two factories.

asterioth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Response:
QUOTE said:
Dear Timothy,

Thank you for informing us of this issue. We will contact our vendors as well as the DSTT manufacturer for more information. We will get back with you shortly for a resolution. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Team DealWoot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired