Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I have been looking around for an new LCD Panel TV since I got my Xbox 360. I'm looking for something around a 32" a good brand and obviously a low price. I plan on using it for the following things:

- just to watch cable tv
- some gaming on the 360/XBOX/GC/PS1
- use a screen occasionaly for my laptop or possibly computer

And I dont plan on getting any surround sound any time soon, so whats my best deal around those specifications. I plan to spend under 600$-700$ Canadian, and most likely buy it at somewhere like Best Buy or Future Shop but possibly online.

Well thanks for your help.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
With 600 to 700 dollars you certainly won't get anything decent. You'll get one of those generic brands like Insigna with crappy panels. $799 will get you a Panasonic or Samsung, they both have really good panels.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the following Panasonic 32inch HDTV soley for use in playing my games on (mainly my 360).

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electro...5702#tabsection

It really is a great TV with tonnes of connections including 3 HDMI and 2 component (At least my model does, even through the tech specs on that site don't say so...) It has 100hz technology to removing ghosting and I have to say I've never experienced any blurring on this TV whilst playing a game.

I went around looking at other 32" LCD's other brands like Samsung and even the Sony (at the time anyway) had really bad ghosting when playing a fast moving picture. The whole screen just turned into a smeared mess, not a good sign for a TV that you want to game on.

Don't worry about the price I'm sure you could get it for much much cheaper than the price on the Panasonic site.

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I'm thinking of something along the lines of a toshiba 32", sony 32" or samssung 32". I have seen the toshiba for about 599$ and I am totally for waiting for sales, but I just need to know that would be best for my needs, I would most likely need alot of hookups in the back and btw I really dont care what the PS1 looks like on a LCD cause anything is better than a 10 year old 13" sharp.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go with the Panasonic, it has a tonne of connections. But you may not get it for the price range you are after.

Like I said though I looked at the Samsung and Sony models and they had ghosting on fast moving images.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I totally lucked out, about 6 months ago, i got a refurbished Vizio 32" 720p LCD for $451 shipped from buy.com. It's amazing compared to my crappy 25" SD tv I had previously. No ghosting whatsoever (i didn't even know they still made LCD's with ghosting, I thought this problem had been solved by now), a ton of hookups (2 hdmi, 2 component, 2 composit, 1 svideo, 1 VGA). My only complaint is that it only goes to 1280x720 over HDMI, you have to use the VGA plug to get the full 1366x768.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Yah,
I got Samsung 19 " HD LCD, its great for gaming. Its not small for me..
(My monitor is bigger than my TV
laugh.gif
)

jon_jon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm thinking of something along the lines of a toshiba 32", sony 32" or samssung 32". I have seen the toshiba for about 599$ and I am totally for waiting for sales, but I just need to know that would be best for my needs, I would most likely need alot of hookups in the back and btw I really dont care what the PS1 looks like on a LCD cause anything is better than a 10 year old 13" sharp.

Sony, Samsung and Sharp are best known for the LCD TVs. Panasonic is better known for their plasma TV screens. I would go to your local electronics store and compare for yourself the picture quality and see which one you like. And when there is a price break or clearance sale, just go for it. In a few months, they will be coming out with newer models and a clearance for older models, so if you wait you can obviously get a better deal. But it all depends if you want to get a new TV now or in a few months.

Your PS1 games should look fine on a 13" sharp CRT TV. The images often look fuzzy on larger screens, at least in my own experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1