Gaming Reasons for getting banned

Jorge Gomez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to the 3DS scene in terms of pirate ROMs and stuff, and I wanted to know what can get people banned when it comes to them. I read that a leaked Sun/Moon ROM got many people banned, but that was because they played online before release (or at least that was to my understanding). Aside from that, things like an freeshop illegal ROM, a converted .3ds to CIA that isnt mine, which of those, if not all, can get me banned and why?

Thank you for your time.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only bans from cfw is because people played the game online early (same with smm3ds but nobody gives a shit about that game).
If you use .cias you will never have to worry about ban. (Unless you play online on a leaked game before release).
If you use .3ds files (which you don't if you use cfw) you need to inject a private header into the rom.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only bans from cfw is because people played the game online early (same with smm3ds but nobody gives a shit about that game).
If you use .cias you will never have to worry about ban. (Unless you play online on a leaked game before release).
If you use .3ds files (which you don't if you use cfw) you need to inject a private header into the rom.
also cheating online will "likely" result in a ban
oh and stealing in app purchases . . . (pirate dlc is fine though)

Jorge Gomez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I even need to mention being a dick online?
Lmao, yeah, that happens a lot.

So basically, Nintendo runs no background check on the games that connect?
Right now I'm downloading everything through FreEshop (Games I don't own, of course), but its quite slow, is there a better alternative right now?
Also, how do I turn .3ds files into CIAs? I downloaded a KH3D .3ds but have no idea how to get my seedb.bin file on OSX.

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A .3ds file is the file on a game cartridge. It can only be run with flash carts.

A .cia file is an installable file and is what your system installs when you download a game from eshop.

A 3ds file contains a unique header while a cia file does not. You cannot get banned from playing a cia file online (considering the game was released in your region) while you can get a ban using a flash cart with a 3ds file someone else used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on