Hacking Real Time Save DS ONE SDHC

Rocher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I really like the Real Time Save feature on my SuperCard, but only on some games. Is it possible to make it so that Real Time Save is only applicable to some games? The 5 megabyte save file is crazy, and all of it really adds up. Only got a 1 gigabyte SD Card so if only like three or four have RTS, would free up alot of space. Thanks for any help!

RobbieTheStiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The card doesn't automatically allocate a 5MB RTS file for every game you have on the cart... it will only create that file if you use the RTS function.

Rocher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, yes it does. Every game I start up has the 5MB RTS file, even if it was the first time I was playing and I never even touched the RTS menu.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Just turn off RTS through the menu.
I think its; Other -> Enable patch. Then go to the game that you want to play, press X to bring up its file menu and then choose "set patch".
Then you'll get the patch menu and enable RTS from there.
This should enable RTS for only that game.

Rocher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally, a good post. But just one question: will I have to manually turn it on every time I play that game, or will it always be on for that game only from now on.

RobbieTheStiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Rocher -- just doubled checked, and the card will only create that file if you have the RTS function enabled. So in Moonshell when you have a game highlighted, if you press "X" to show the details (if they're not already shown), then tap on "Set Patch", you should be able to check/uncheck the "RealTime Save" option. If it's not checked, it won't create that file.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally, a good post. But just one question: will I have to manually turn it on every time I play that game, or will it always be on for that game only from now on.

It'll be always on for that game. The OS creates a config file for you in the scshell folder which holds your preferences for each game.
A game that doesn't have anything set for it will just use whatever you specified in the patch menu and in global.ini .

Rocher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys!
biggrin.gif
Cleared up about 50 megs of space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a