Finland
Nintendo, you just got pwned
glare.gif

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They said that the 3DS was unhackable. I still believe that statement as in, 3DS mode is extremely hard to crack. All they've managed to do is running a flashcard in ds mode, on a platform which is a generation further...
It's nothing too impressive imho.
Still pretty good. But if 3DS mode gets hacked too soon, that might be the end of 3DS development ;_;

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll certainly buy a CycloDSi, mainly for my DSi but maybe also for testing on my 3DS.

Even if it will obviously be blocked very fast (except if Nintendo gave up), one day or another flashcarts maker will be able to make their flashcart behave 100% like a genuine cart and it will be impossible to block (especially since DS cart specs can't be updated).

The only choice left for Big N will be to drop DS compatibility (maybe like Sony: "Bla Bla Bla Security issue, bla bla bla you have agreed the TOS bla bla bla prepare your lube").
laugh.gif

pizzafreak360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they will be anyway to make ds flashcards be read as 3ds gamecards. I think will have to have to make new 3ds-specific flashcards, and that could be a whole different kind of beast. Still I would like to know how they were able to get the R4 running, iEvo looks like it just slipped nintendo's radar.

Consodreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is a good new for the 3DS for me, as i'm pretty sure that nintendo has not put a real focus on the DS mode security.
Let's imagine that has been done intentionally to insure that all owner of the DS will buy the 3ds without thinking about the fact they could lost the previous DS soft.

A good way to boost the 3ds sales.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Called it, iEvo works because it uses new headers before Nintendo could even prepare against them.

Unfortunately it is kinda a buggy and unstable flashcart, at least from personal experience.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Vigilante said:
Nintendo Anti-Piracy protection=EPIC FAIL

There's only so much they can do with DS mode. Even though it's within a new unit, it's still essentially 5 year old, widely compromised technology and there's only so much they can do if retail DS games are going to continue to run on both the 3DS and DS systems.

killnnllik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please stop trying to crack the 3DS mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we can get some proper 3DS games instead of all the crap we get on the DS

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow... Most people here don't seem to get that only the DS MODE is "hacked", so you can only play DS ROMS on the 3DS, NOTHING ELSE...

But, I too hope, that there will be 3DS cards at some time. I mean, the DS game prices were already ridiculous here (39.99€), but 3DS games will cost 44.99€... WTF?!

(For those who don't have € but $ -> 39.99 EUR = 54.9942 USD / 44.99 EUR = 61.8702 USD)

Ok, some DS games cost less (maybe 34.99 or 29.99 but only after some time), but still... There are even PC games that don't cost that much and those might be even better (no idea, I'm no PC gamer).

Now I want to see news that the SCDS2 works on the 3DS (DS mode of course, anything else would be moronic)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
one guy on temp (sorry dont remember yer name) told me tht cyclo hv higher chances than SC (when i said otherwise) and i gotta give it to him, nice prediction

this reminds me of the old times when the best cart of its time (r4) was passed by the SDHC compatible cyclo... and here we see the r4 coming first followed by the cyclo (both with their latest version carts)... amazing

now its only DSTWO's turn to show off its capabillities

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Good to see current DSi flashcarts working.
I wasn't expecting DS mode to be available so soon and quite frankly I thought that we needed new flashcarts.
There isn't much new they can do with their DS AP (well except for blocking flashcarts with future FW updates). And I don't think they will put much energy behind such updates seeing the cat and mouse game they play with hackers. If Nintendo has a new DS AP there will always be a patch or flashcart FW update within the next few days.
What Nintendo really will be struggling with is protecting their system from pirated 3DS games.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
killnnllik said:
Please stop trying to crack the 3DS mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we can get some proper 3DS games instead of all the crap we get on the DS

As a European you should be well aware that we get the crap at a premium price and months later, and the US and Japan get the amazing RPG's and other great niche titles which never get a Euro release. With a region lock i'd say that anyone in Europe is praying for a hack because that stupid restriction limits our choice. Would i be bothered about a 3DS hack if i could import games? Well i'd probably be interested but since i could actually import games it'd be nice but inessential....as it stands now i want a crack because i'd actually like to be treated as a 3DS user and not as a Marginalised European 3DS user.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious