Hacking Reader that comes with R4 card.

TheForeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my r4 card today and everything was going smoothly. I put the sd card in the card reader and plug it into the laptop no problem. I put the games on the card and then removed it safely from my computer. I plugged in the r4 card and before I booted it up I remembered I forgot to put all the Wood kernel stuff in it. So I removed the sd card from the r4 card and plug it back into the SD reader. However this time my computer does not even recognize it as a removeable device. One time I did somehow manage to get it to be recognized but it acted as if my micro sd card was not plugged into it. Every time I plug it into my computer though I hear that sound the computer makes when you plug in a usb device. All the drivers are updated on it. I looked around on the forum and saw that these readers are not very reliable however these posts were stamped with dates in 2007 and such. I was just wondering if you think I pulled the trigger to fast by heading over to amazon and buying an new micro sd card reader. I also bought another 2gb micro sd card just to make sure.

When I plug in the r4 card without the sd card a message appears and says 'Cant find the sd/tf card." With the sd card in it says sd/tf card error'. I expect the later is because I do not have wood kernel.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Rydian; the readers supplied by the flashcart teams usually are horrible and unreliable (for me at least). I remember corrupting my CycloDS with the reader that came with it. It was my favorite card. :(

Nevertheless, try a different reader. It might recognize it and then you could copy the kernel over and get playing. ^_^

TheForeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it feels like crap but I thought it would at least let me use it twice until I got what I needed. Oh well I wont be able to reformat the card until I get the card reader since I do not have any other devices that use micro sd.

One more question though. If the card reader isnt working would it typically still make the little sound when you plug it in?

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not always, usually if the card reader isn't detected when it is plugged in means that the reader is dead in its entirety; however, if it does detect it with the little sound you hear, then most likely the reader isn't reading the card like it should.

TheForeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well guess I will have to wait 3-5 more days oh well. Oh another thing that happened when it was working is I would had it plugged in sometimes it would fade in and out. One moment I would be able to get inside the sd card then another moment it would say the card wasnt plugged in. That is when I started thinking something had to be wrong.

TheForeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do but not one that can use micro sd. Just a prepaid phone. I do not think it would be the sd card because it is brand new.

Edit: Oh yeah and another thing I thought was strange is how when I put the sd card inside the adapter it would not really click in or stick into place. It felt really lose and I could pretty much pull it out easily as if nothing were holding it stable.

TheForeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my new usb card reader came today. It works nicely but now I have ran into a new problem. When I plug in the micro sd card the light on the reader turns blue to let me know that it is reading, but the problem is when I try to open it up it freezes my computer. Another funny thing is I rebooted my computer and at the BIOS screen it crashes the computer. I took the sd card out to make sure it wasnt the reader and without the sd card in it my cpu boots up just fine. I know my sd card is not corrupted because thanks to a friend I managed to get a few games on it and I just plugged the sd card back into the R4 and it still boots up just fine and all my saves are there. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

TheForeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried all three of my usb ports. I have a laptop. Luckily for me I got a new micro sd card that came with a sd adapter and my laptop has a sd card reader. That works perfectly. I guess I will just keep the usb adapter I bought as a back up. Can never have to many of those. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto