Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a vein attempt to clean up this messy section I've created this thread to guide the newbies. I hate to "lay down the forum law" here but I feel that this must be done, even it it just stops one or two questions being asked again and again.

If you have a question try looking HERE for a guide, it may save you time & will probably stop people moaning at you. If you don't see what you want then try using the "Search" button at the top, make sure you spell everything correctly.

If however none of the above helps you, makes sure that when you post a question that you include all the information that you can and that the title of the post is clear and not just "OMFG I NEEDZ TEH HELPZ!!" otherwise people will just ignore you.

Also make sure that you are posting in the correct sections, Wii hacking is for hacking and hacking only.

Don't post questions about homebrew that isn't to do with running Soft-Mods, Virtual Console or WiiWare. Questions about certain homebrew games, audio/video players or emulators should be posted in the Homebrew section.

Also if you are looking for help and no one replies to your thread, give it a day DON'T BUMP YOUR THREAD! Double posting isn't accepted here outside of the Edge of Forum and its against the rules.

Most of all please have fun here.
grog.gif

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats a great idea.
Since the backup launchers came out, the number of posts in the wii hacking section went up by 1000%
tongue.gif
(Check the number of people who joined after mid-october)...

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This thread should be 'force fed' to all new members for the first week after registration.

Really hope this helps to get this section (re)organized some more.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please add: "If you don't provide information about your problem, nobody can help your and only few people will want it"

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian you could link to the wiki faq in your first post too as it does answer alot of noob questions. if you'd like.
I'm going to go through it over the weekend and add alot of the newer questions from preloader and cioscorp etc.

Wii Hacking FAQ

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grammar check + spell check FTW!

Should have just put, IF YOU DON'T F****IN SEARCH, YOU GET THE MIGHTY BAN HAMMER!

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The above two posts are what's also wrong with this forum.

D

Deleted User

Homebrew Starter's Guide

I think we should add this into your first post in this topic, Hadrian.

It's all about terms and what is what. I think it's useful for all of the noobs.

This guide (by me) is created days ago, and got sunk by the mass of topics. Few days later, a wanderer came asking "How do I play wiiware vc wads?" Which is explained in the HSG.

So, please!!
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Homebrew Starter's Guide

I think we should add this into your first post in this topic, Hadrian.

It's all about terms and what is what. I think it's useful for all of the noobs.

This guide (by me) is created days ago, and got sunk by the mass of topics. Few days later, a wanderer came asking "How do I play wiiware vc wads?" Which is explained in the HSG.

So, please!!
biggrin.gif
I'll put it in the list of guides thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu