War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I downloaded the RE5 Demo as a .rar, and once extracted, I found a Content folder. In the guide I read, it said to create a data disc and burn the whole Content folder to it. I tried both times with a CD and DVD, and both times the 360 recognized it as a Mixed Disc or whatever. But when I go to my game library, the demo doesn't appear under any tab :\ What am I doing wrong? I burned both times at like 2.4x speed with ImgBurn...

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats weird, Normally you just burn the content folder to a CD and it should work, Its not a different region demo is it?
Lastly if all else fails, maybe 2.4x is a slow burn speed

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
platypusrme427 said:
It should appear in a few seconds after you go to your demos tab. Make sure you are not connected to the internet. It will not run if you are connected to xbox live. Microsoft hates people.....
That's just wrong. I was connected to live while playing it. Hell I was playing it online with people over Live.
Did you accidently burn everything in the folder as the root and not actually put the folder in it? Two of my friends made that mistake.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
platypusrme427 said:
It should appear in a few seconds after you go to your demos tab. Make sure you are not connected to the internet. It will not run if you are connected to xbox live. Microsoft hates people.....
That's just wrong. I was connected to live while playing it. Hell I was playing it ON Live.
Did you accidently burn everything in the folder as the root and not actually put the folder in it? Two of my friends made that mistake.
Possibly. Can you tell me how to do it the right way then?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
platypusrme427 said:
Did they change it to so you can't be connected to Live? I remember I had to be logged into a Xbox Live enabled account to play it. Also make sure the Content folder is not the root folder for the CD(I think Imgburn asks you about that). And you don't need to burn at 2.4x, infact most media these days don't allow you to burn at that slow a speed(or is it just recent burners?)

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you burn the folder in Imgburn it should ask you something like "Is Content the root folder of the CD? Otherwise the Content folder will be visible on the disc"...

When you explore your disc on a PC the Content folder should show up on the disc.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, it asked me that and I said yes.

Hm... when I put the disc in my compy, it shows "0000000000000000" to be the root. So technically, I guess if I put the contents folder in another folder and burn that, it will show the Contents folder as the root...

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Yeah, it asked me that and I said yes.

Hm... when I put the disc in my compy, it shows "0000000000000000" to be the root. So technically, I guess if I put the contents folder in another folder and burn that, it will show the Contents folder as the root...
You want to say No.

I don't think you get what the root folder is...the "0000000000000000" is not the root folder. The root folder is the folder that the "00000000000000" is in, which you made Content(which should probably show up as the name of the disc). You want the Content folder to be in the root folder.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Alright, Ill try just burning Contents and then saying "no". Third time's the charm, I guess.... and if it doesn't work this time, I'm screwed, cause I'm out of DVD-Rs and CDs

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
platypusrme427 said:
That's just wrong. I was connected to live while playing it. Hell I was playing it online with people over Live.

But didn't they stop that from happening recently? If you're not from Japan and have the demo, you can't co-op over live or something like that. If they didn't, my bad. I thought I saw an article somewhere saying that they did.

Edit: But that can just the solution for co-op not working.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Erm... new problem. it burned fine, and it shows up in my demos. I select it, then select 'Play Game". The screen starts to dim, and a message comes up saying:

Can't launch "insert japanese here"

OK

And that's it :\

EDIT: Problem solved, I guess. It won't boot up if you're using an account that has Live activated. I switched over to my messed up account that DOESN'T have Live and it works just fine :\ Ah well. I'm happy as long as local co-op still works.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
War said:
EDIT: Problem solved, I guess. It won't boot up if you're using an account that has Live activated. I switched over to my messed up account that DOESN'T have Live and it works just fine :\ Ah well. I'm happy as long as local co-op still works.
Strange. Just tried it on my PAL 360 with my Live enabled account and it started fine. It's even Multi5
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1