Gaming RE2 PSN on Gen-D3

Psy-Phi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get POPsloader to work with this PSN version of RE2. I can rip my own discs and get it to work by changing the code of the game. But I'd prefer to have the "official" release working, so i can copy saves to and from my PS3 easily. The problem is fairly well known, when entering the RPD it will just hang on a black screen. To circumvent that I decided to just play on my PS3 to the point just before the first "boss" and saved the game. Then I copied the save to my PSP< and resumed play. After killing the boss, talking to Ada (Leon A), I tried to enter the save room and again, just like the RPD, a black screen.

It works fine on the PS3 obviously. I just really want to be able to play this on the go, and plan on buying the rest of the RE series I missed (I only ever bought RE2 back in the day)

Anybody have any luck getting RE2 PSN to work on their CFW PSP's? If I have ot downgrade to a different version I will, because I'm about to go on a big PS1 classic kick of games I don't own the discs to, so I'd prefer to get them off of PSN, otherwise I'll have to rummage through gamestop, and I hate gamestop.

-Psy-Phi

P.S. I did do a search, but I couldn't find a thread dedicated to RE2 from PSN specifically. This is not a question about RE2 custom ripped with a code change.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
How recently was this released? Some newer games won't work on 5.50 GEN D3 perfectly until the newer PSX emulators from 6.xx have been dumped and integrated (such as FFVIII)

Psy-Phi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it was in November of last year (09). Though it may have been longer ago than that.

Just checked, it was October.

That both sucks yet is encouraging to hear though. However, I am unable to engage POPsloader on this game or FF7 purchased through the PSN store. I can load it fine from a game I ripped myself (FF7 on an older memory stick). FF7 PSN works fine though so I didn't care.

Still, thanks I wasn't aware of that. Do you (or anyone?) know if there's a way I can help speed that along?
tongue.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt it, its really just a case of waiting on Yoshihiro and the other devs at GEN to find a way to integrate it into Popsloader.

I think it will be post 6.xx by the sounds of it and considering the well known bug is appearing on a PSN title (implying the problem was fixed on a later version)

What kind of PSP do you have? If you have a 1000 or poss. 2000 and a spare battery you can softmod to pandora you can try creating a Time Machine which may allow you to run 6.20 off the memory stick (not sure whether it works or not with popsloader etc.)

Psy-Phi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Time Machine to use official firmware's?

I am really out of the loop.

I have both a 1000 and a 2000; thinking about buying a Go but they cost too much (150 is max I'd pay). Was pondering the idea of keeping a pandora battery from the 1000 around if the need ever arises to go back to CFW on the Slim. I'll look into using time machine. I remember when it came about, I didn't think I'd have a use for it...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
Time Machine lets you use a Pandora's battery as a normal battery and still use it to downgrade.

That's the TM IPL not the app itself. And no you won't be able to run 6.20 OFW off a memory stick.

However, if you make a Pandora battery and a DCv8 MMS you could run OFW from flash and 5.00M33 from MS (so you'd have a Pandora battery, Time Machine, DCv8, hacked 5.00 M33 IPL's and a dummy resurrection.prx)

Psy-Phi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it would be easier to just have a Pandora Battery and MMS, flash to Official when I want and flash back to CFW when I want.

I just haven't had official firmware in so long, I don't know if using 6.20 would somehow disable the ability to use the service mode battery.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
It doesn't, the motherboard governs that ability so the firmware can never lock it. The Pandora pretty much bypasses the firmware anyway
Yep, that's the beauty of service mode. The firmware has no chance to do anything.
yaypsp.gif

Psy-Phi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what was easier than messing with everything I was thinking about? Just making my own Eboot and making the GameID Biohazard 2's... I'll keep my ear to the ground about PSN RE2 working still, but it's a shame that they didn't do the same thing (GameID doesn't alter the Main Game ID, so the saves would still have been fine).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL