Hacking Re-virginize a Wii, then Re-hack it

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I read on CompleteSoftmodGuide, about re-virginizing a wii. It says this: "It is NOT RECOMMENDED to use this guide unless you want to get rid of all your hacks FOREVER. If you want to re-hack it, just follow a Hacking guide WITHOUT revirginizing first!"

I read that a few times, and I'm just wondering, this is what my friend wants:
To do a clean clean install on the wii, back to factory, and then re-hack it (Not sure why, but it's what he wants.)

So What's the best option? Is it safe to re-do EVERYTHING? Or is that a bad idea. Should he just re-hack it? is that the same thing? It's all so confusing to me!
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance!

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me personally, I would just use the stickied guide on here and re-hack it, instead of completely undoing everything, since the guide updates you to 4.2, with clean IOS's, and what not..I think the only thing that remains would be Bootmii and the HBC (correct me if i'm wrong)

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldnt you just do the 4.3 update? It will delete homebrew and stub the various cios' in the system! He better not change his mind after that's done though..lol!

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
95% of the post I've read here say just hack it, don't try to clean it just to rehack it. mainly cause it's pointless and there are higher chances of causing a brick.

Paah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Your friend has no internet to come here and ask? Mainly because I would like to know reasons for doing this.
If he just "wants" it, he should just rehack it without cleaning, as the newer stuff overwrites the older..
If he actually has reason like "some sketchy stuff installed and doesn't remember what", then he should probably clean it, and in future keep a list of everything he got in there, so he can just remove unwanted stuff without full clean.

Meh. I'm hungry now.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paah said:
Your friend has no internet to come here and ask? Mainly because I would like to know reasons for doing this.
If he just "wants" it, he should just rehack it without cleaning, as the newer stuff overwrites the older..
If he actually has reason like "some sketchy stuff installed and doesn't remember what", then he should probably clean it, and in future keep a list of everything he got in there, so he can just remove unwanted stuff without full clean.

Meh. I'm hungry now.
There is NEVER a good reason to "clean" a wii unless it is being sold to someone or sending it to nintendo for repair, even with selling it there are better and safer options, and with sending it to nintendo it is best to run comex's nand formatter instead of trying to revirginize.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EseHomes said:
Paah said:

Meh. I'm hungry now.
There is NEVER a good reason to "clean" a wii unless it is being sold to someone or sending it to nintendo for repair, even with selling it there are better and safer options, and with sending it to nintendo it is best to run comex's nand formatter instead of trying to revirginize.
WOW Now that's devious!! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*