Hacking Re-taking the DSi and the DSTTi

kains_shadow

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
21
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i got a not-so-new DSi for replacing my last one, that had an horrible accident.....

Now, i want to update my DSi for downloading some DSiware games but i hear/read that the latest update will make the flashcart to not work. so i need some of information before updating the system (and myself y suppose)

- What is the latest version update for US DSi? and if someone could tell me if it is the same number for DSiXL models will help me too for another unit and flash cart i'm working on. (this will help me for searching for updates and news)

- what is the latest DSTTi firmware available? i don't care if is not official, i just want it to work whit the latest DSi update.

- What is the latest OS that you recommend me for it? the last ting i was using was an YSmenu which version, i suppose, is now outdated... i had read about a wood or something that also work but, i don't know what is the latest version or which one is better. i just want the best compatibility for software.

Thanks for your help.
 

bitonio6

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Messages
1,801
Trophies
0
XP
47
Country
Swaziland
The latest firmware are: DSi / DSi XL 1.4.2/1.4.3C - 3DS 2.0

The latest firmware for DSTTi are: 1.4.1/1.4.2C - 3DS 1.0


but truly, is better to buy an Acekard 2i...
 

kains_shadow

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
21
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
The latest firmware are: DSi / DSi XL 1.4.2/1.4.3C - 3DS 2.0

The latest firmware for DSTTi are: 1.4.1/1.4.2C - 3DS 1.0


but truly, is better to buy an Acekard 2i...

So, for I understand you.... the latest version for DSi is 1.4.2 (1.4.3c is for Asian systems i suppose), and the latest firmware who is supported by a DSTTi is for DSi version 1.4.1 (1.4.2C for Asians). So, if i update I'm screwed...

I know the support is bad, i was expecting it.... But i just wanted to see if i can continue on the DSTTi, because is not easy for me get a new flashcart around here where i live, in fact is very expensive for me (stupid mail taxes
angry.gif
) so that's the reason I'm still trying to live whit it. So, even if i don't Update the DSi for a while, i still use the DSTTi until i can get a new one.

In that case i still need an answer to my last question..... what is the best OS i can use for it? Wood? YSMenu? Another i don't know? if someone give me a response, i wish it could include the version number (it's so hard finding the latest update for those tings in the webz)

QUOTE(naved.islam14 @ Jun 10 2011, 04:56 AM) Get another flash cart

OT: What was the horrible accident?

Long story made short.

i left the system over the sofa's couch and someone had the fantastic idea of taking a little breath after carrying something really big and heavy.... so for that purpose that person put the really big an heavy object over the sofa for some strange reasons, sooooo... the old DS crunched to his death.
frown.gif
 

bitonio6

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Messages
1,801
Trophies
0
XP
47
Country
Swaziland
My god, are we talking about spending 10$ ???

Very difficult to spend such a sum!

Buy an Acekard 2i, it is the best solution for you!
 

kains_shadow

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
21
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
My god, are we talking about spending 10$ ???

Very difficult to spend such a sum!

Buy an Acekard 2i, it is the best solution for you!

That wasn't the response i wanted....
glare.gif
please don't tell me that i must buy another flascart because, as i wrote earlier, I'll do it... later... not now... mail taxes could kill anyone on my country. Taxes are for an entertainment product are about 200%.... And yes, those are over the product cost plus the shipping cost (bastards...
mad.gif
)

So again, somebody could tell me what is the best OS available for a DSTTi?
 

s4mid4re

 
Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
1,669
Trophies
0
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
267
Country
United States
kains_shadow said:
bitonio6 said:
My god, are we talking about spending 10$ ???

Very difficult to spend such a sum!

Buy an Acekard 2i, it is the best solution for you!

That wasn't the response i wanted....
glare.gif
please don't tell me that i must buy another flascart because, as i wrote earlier, I'll do it... later... not now... mail taxes could kill anyone on my country. Taxes are for an entertainment product are about 200%.... And yes, those are over the product cost plus the shipping cost (bastards...
mad.gif
)

So again, somebody could tell me what is the best OS available for a DSTTi?

There's nothing better than YSmenu for DSTTi. RGF updates every time a game is released, but only updates his thread once a month. Just be patient.

QUOTE(kains_shadow @ Jun 10 2011, 05:15 PM)
*snip*
I know the support is bad, i was expecting it.... But i just wanted to see if i can continue on the DSTTi, because is not easy for me get a new flashcart around here where i live, in fact is very expensive for me (stupid mail taxes
angry.gif
) so that's the reason I'm still trying to live whit it. So, even if i don't Update the DSi for a while, i still use the DSTTi until i can get a new one.
*snip*
rather than bad, it's that the team is already dead. If you can't get a new flashcart and want to stick to the DSTTi, just don't update your system. Or buy a DS phat or lite.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 🍆 +2