RCMLoader - A payload that boots payload.bin ?

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,
Is there any payload in the wild that only seek for a payload.bin file in the microSD root and boot it ?
Updating payloads in the RCMLoader can sometimes be complicated (mostly with clones) and since I've been updating a lot of them, I was wondering if there was a quicker way, like using it only as a "shortcut"

Thank you guys !

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello everyone,
Is there any payload in the wild that only seek for a payload.bin file in the microSD root and boot it ?
Updating payloads in the RCMLoader can sometimes be complicated (mostly with clones) and since I've been updating a lot of them, I was wondering if there was a quicker way, like using it only as a "shortcut"

Thank you guys !
put the x86 file on your root. it loads the payload.bin from root, with the uf2
source: https://github.com/euclala/RCM_typeC_ex/tree/master/V3

or: https://github.com/euclala/RCM-X86/tree/master/Mattytrog_SD_reload

Attachments

• Payloads.7z
    23.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by ciaomao,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Thank you guys !

If you have a SAMD21 modchip it looks for payload.bin on the SD card.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry but I am looking for a payload that I could put in the RCMLoader
I am not planning to solder chips on all the consoles that I have soft modded :P
The x86 file wont be recognized as a payload by the RCMLoader

If you use a fss0 build it should look for it on the SD card.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Thank you guys !

I use Argonnx-se to do precisely this.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/argonnx-se-payload-with-mariko-and-aula-oled-support.581956/

Reactions: impeeza

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Almost forgot, if you want to boot to Hekate, just install any recent version on your dongle, and it will always check for an updated version on the SD card. So no need to update further the dongle.

Reactions: binkinator

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
Almost forgot, if you want to boot to Hekate, just install any recent version on your dongle, and it will always check for an updated version on the SD card. So no need to update further the dongle.
Wow ! That is a game changer !
Thank you very much for dragonboot, RIP the dragon projects that were so amazing but at least I have this little tool that might help
I'll check if the "auto-check" works on hekate, otherwise I'll use dragonboot
Thanks a lot !

Reactions: Dust2dust

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, so it's a fancy GUI to choose a payload to boot? I might give it a try, just for fun, although I doubt I'll change the dragonboot payload on my RCMLoader One dongle.
Just providing options. My edge case is kinda funky…my Trinket boots to ArgonNX, which then hands to either SXOS or Hakate/Atmos. Too complex for a normal use case.

I really like your Dragonboot solution and think it’s probably the best suited for this thread’s use case.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I second to binki, the best option for any payload loader is go with ArgonNX-SE you use that payload and forgot about updating nothing on the loader you choose. only update things on the SD card and nothing else. and if you even use hekate and forgot to update the payload on the sd card, hekate takes care about that for you on fly on each boot.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: