OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So much misinformation here.

RCM:

-Pin 10 on the rail/joycon needs to be grounded.
- Hold volume + and power

If it boots into RCM nothing happens, no backlight nothing. If u just press power it will boot normal.

USB does not need to be connected, that is only for when you execute a payload.

Do you have any pics of your setup?
I do
3nlj12.png

I can enter RCM once every 5-6 attempts, and ONLY if usb is not plugged (weird)
I have many jig printed so if you have suggestion to improve mine, ill take for sure!
My joycon is also soldered, so I know 100% I have a good contact (multimeter checked for continuity)
I'm starting to wonder if there is some piece of board in my switch that is going wrong

Last edited by rcmnoob,

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
This works everytime for me. I'm on 3.0.2:

1. Make sure console is off
2. put jig in (obviously)
3. No usb inserted
4. Push down & hold vol+, then push down power button & hold both for 3 seconds (No longer) You should be rcm mode.
5. Connect usb to pc & send your payload of choice with your preferred method.

Hope this helps folks struggling to get into rcm mode.

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To anyone following the instructions perfectly and still struggling, here's a tip that helped me:

- Disconnect both joycons.

I was trying this unsuccessfully over and over because I was leaving my left joycon in and only taking the right joycon off the rail. When I disconnected the left joycon it worked the first time. Now I've confirmed that my jig is perfect and I'm ready for Day 1 CFW :)

Reactions: Davideesk

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone following the instructions perfectly and still struggling, here's a tip that helped me:

I was trying this unsuccessfully over and over because I was leaving my left joycon in and only taking the right joycon off the rail. When I disconnected the left joycon it worked the first time. Now I've confirmed that my jig is perfect and I'm ready for Day 1 CFW :)

I've been in RCM mode several times, never have I had to remove the left joycon. Just an fyi.

rcmnoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: After much testing, I randomly figured out what's wrong. My nintendo switch is actually defective! My volume + and volume - buttons are messed a bit, they don't always work. Confirmed easily by trying to increase or decrease the volume: I got to push 4-5 times before it start increasing/decreasing!

Reactions: dashkiller

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

This worked for my jig! Thanks soooooo much!!

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So RCM mode is just a black screen? Maybe that has been my problem. A lot of time with the jig I would hold the power and vol + and it was like the Switch was dead. Remove the jig and it powered on.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that jig looks nice... try what PatrickJr said above...

If it still can't, maybe that pins on your jig are too deep inside the plastic and not making good contact? If so maybe you can add paper below them just to rise a bit and see if it works.

Reactions: King_Knoedel

King_Knoedel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that jig looks nice... try what PatrickJr said above...

If it still can't, maybe that pins on your jig are too deep inside the plastic and not making good contact? If so maybe you can add paper below them just to rise a bit and see if it works.
This did the trick for me at least. I'm in the middle of my first nand backup now. Thank you

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have here a Switch that was sent to Nintendo last November to fix something in the screen.... And I can't manage to boot it into RCM. Tried jig and cable. Maybe they did something to it?

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HIGHLY doubt they did as they can't simply patch RCM
I don't mean patch it. But changing the board....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't mean patch it. But changing the board....
Nah, sorted. The jig was not working, using a cable either (I don't know why). Finally the clip made the magic :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice