CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
can someone tell me what does the update.bin do? it's identical to the normal payload.:blink:
Don't worry. It's smart enough to do the following:

If update.bin is the same or older version, it sees that and does nothing.
If update.bin is a greater version, it loads it and switches to the new version.

How can i disable autoboot? I can't go the options menu while booting. It just boots
VOL-

EDIT:
Ninja'd

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry. It's smart enough to do the following:

If update.bin is the same or older version, it sees that and does nothing.
If update.bin is a greater version, it loads it and switches to the new version.

VOL-

EDIT:
Ninja'd
so it's for ppl that might still using older version payload? u just insure ppl will use the newsest one as long as they replace files on external sd?

Last edited by Sonansune,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so it's for ppl that might still using older version payload? u just insure ppl will use the newsest one as long as they replace files on external sd?
That's on the users.

Also as I said, it does not matter if they use the update.bin style to have the latest or injecting the latest.
Either way, they will still boot the latest of the 2.

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Autoboot is working flawlessly after I disable "autohosoff" finally. What is it exactly and why we should use it if we use dongle?

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Autoboot is working flawlessly after I disable "autohosoff" finally. What is it exactly and why we should use it if we use dongle?
after shutting down from the switch os, the console reboots into rcm on its own when autorcm is enabled so it drains the battery. Hekate detects that rcm has been automatically started and shuts off the switch instead of booting it.

Reactions: methamz

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after shutting down from the switch os, the console reboots into rcm on its own when autorcm is enabled so it drains the battery. Hekate detects that rcm has been automatically started and shuts off the switch instead of booting it.

Its also not necessarry if you dont use auto rcm then?

gaava

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
do i need sdfiles from tomGER if I just want to do clear nand backup?
Or I just insert empty sd card, then inject payload with tegra and hekate menu will work?

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I been away a while from this so sorry if noob question. I am trying to launch Lakka from the config options, but when I inject the payload of v4.2 Hekate, the logo flashes on screen and then after 3 secs disappears, device then disconnects from windows. What am I doing wrong. I want to get into the options menu. managed it once but now I cant access at all.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi I been away a while from this so sorry if noob question. I am trying to launch Lakka from the config options, but when I inject the payload of v4.2 Hekate, the logo flashes on screen and then after 3 secs disappears, device then disconnects from windows. What am I doing wrong. I want to get into the options menu. managed it once but now I cant access at all.
I should have a macro for this.
Check previous replies here. It's a feature and can be disabled for cases like yours, from "Options.."

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
I should have a macro for this.
Check previous replies here. It's a feature and can be disabled for cases like yours, from "Options.."

I got in once to disable autoboot, but upon retrying its still the same. I also tried holding down Vol up and down. No effect.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CTCaer
If my battery runs completely dry, even with HOS power off - will a modchip + hekate still enable me to charge my battery?
Or do I still have to unplug my battery and charge it with another Switch?

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to dump my fuses and tsec_keys, but I wanted to double check something because I'm scared of bricking my Switch.

Starting on 6.0.0, I loaded up ReiNX for my Switch's first dive into homebrew. I have installed my own game's backups and enabled AutoRCM through ReiNX. I read that I can only dump my fuses and tsec_keys with Hekate, not ReiNX, and I wanted to make sure that I would do this process correctly before continuing. Please let me know if this is correct, I would really appreciate it :)

Power off Switch (AutoRCM still enabled), remove sd card, install Hekate v4.2, insert sd card and use Tegra to inject the Hekate .bin file.
In Hekate, I click "AtmoHB" and then I assume that takes me to my Switch's home screen. From there, I go to System Settings.
In there, for fuses, I go to Console Info, Print fuse info, then tap/release the power button once. After that, I go back to Console info, then go to Print Tsec keys, then tap/release the power button once.
After that, I shut down the Switch, then use Tegra to inject ReiNX again.

Are my steps safe? Can I leave AutoRCM enabled through ReiNX through this entire process?

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for this wonderful tool! Easy to use! I do have a question that probably been answered somewhere... Sorry... Do/Should I backup SYS and USER, or is FULL emmc and boot0/1 enough for restoring if needed?
What's the benefit of doing a backup of all the options?
Big Thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum