• Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

Nswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. I could swear I remember it since 2.0.0.
It was added in 4.0.0?

Hmm, anyway, I don't know if 3.0.0 uploads them without asking though.
I can see the errors under the "Support/Health and Safety" tab but I don't know if it is possible to disable it from being reported.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180614-104531_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180614-104531_Gallery.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 444

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. I could swear I remember it since 2.0.0.
It was added in 4.0.0?

Hmm, anyway, I don't know if 3.0.0 uploads them without asking though.
I can see the errors under the "Support/Health and Safety" tab but I don't know if it is possible to disable it from being reported.
In the error history, hold the joystick in and hold the plus or minus button to display that setting.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'll need some users, that run linux and have severe battery desync problem, in the next days.
send a PM and I'll add you to a group PM.

I'm developing the battery gauge driver for hekate now and I think I know why the desync problem exists.
I have a probable simple solution.
And this solution is like removing the battery.
(btw, there's a reason why removing the battery works! And also why normal RCM does not desync the battery).

Last edited by CTCaer,

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah sth like that. But you still don't need to swap the legit fw. We are still going to patch future checks.

Yeah, it's overkill to run it every time. nx-dreport is only if and only if you had a crash from a homebrew and you want to wipe the error reports. But you should have the upload disabled (settings), in the first place.

Im on 5.0.1 or whatever before 5.1.0 how do i clewr my crashes and im getting the white nag

SylasMc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll need some users, that run linux and have severe battery desync problem, in the next days.
send a PM and I'll add you to a group PM.

I'm developing the battery gauge driver for hekate now and I think I know why the desync problem exists.
I have a probable simple solution.
And this solution is like removing the battery.
(btw, there's a reason why removing the battery works! And also why normal RCM does not desync the battery).

Mine dies at 75%. I need this!

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dumped my NAND on a FAT32 formatted SD card, and verification failed. This took like an hour or two, so i'm wary of trying to dump again.
I also tried dumping eMMC SYS, where it dumps a whole number of separate packages, and the verification for most of these failed, too, usually at 2%-25%.

This is a new Switch on 3.0.0 and the only thing i've done on it is setting up HB menu with PegaSwitch, nothing else. Should i just shrug and ignore the v erification errors? Any wy i can verify them after the fact?

edit: BOOT0 and 1 dump and verify correctly, and PRODINFO and PRODINFOF do the same on the SYS dump, but all the following (the BCPKG2 things) all fail verification at 25-28%, and SAFE even fails veriffication at 1%.

(also it took me a while to figure out how to navigate the menu, since the joycons didn't work. You should jsut throw a quick note somewhere in the OP to use the VOL and power buttons, for newcomers like me)

Last edited by Krude,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I dumped my NAND on a FAT32 formatted SD card, and verification failed. This took like an hour or two, so i'm wary of trying to dump again.
I also tried dumping eMMC SYS, where it dumps a whole number of separate packages, and the verification for most of these failed, too, usually at 2%-25%.

This is a new Switch on 3.0.0 and the only thing i've done on it is setting up HB menu with PegaSwitch, nothing else. Should i just shrug and ignore the v erification errors? Any wy i can verify them after the fact?

edit: BOOT0 and 1 dump and verify correctly, and PRODINFO and PRODINFOF do the same on the SYS dump, but all the following (the BCPKG2 things) all fail verification at 25-28%, and SAFE even fails veriffication at 1%.

(also it took me a while to figure out how to navigate the menu, since the joycons didn't work. You should jsut throw a quick note somewhere in the OP to use the VOL and power buttons, for newcomers like me)
Any other error message before the verification failed message ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im on 5.0.1 or whatever before 5.1.0 how do i clewr my crashes and im getting the white nag
nx-dreport and gag-order.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, no error messages as far as i cn see. When dumping eMMC SYS, it dumps and verifies the first 2 files (the PRODINFO things) no problem, then the BCPKG2's all dump and fail at 25-28% pretty quickly.
So, it's kinda hard to tell, because due to the failure messages the screen fills up really quickly, and the last file dump for SYSTEM has it's dumping bar appear at the top of the screen, overwriting previous messages... But i think the SYSTEM file dumps and verifies correctly.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No, no error messages as far as i cn see. When dumping eMMC SYS, it dumps and verifies the first 2 files (the PRODINFO things) no problem, then the BCPKG2's all dump and fail at 25-28% pretty quickly.
So, it's kinda hard to tell, because due to the failure messages the screen fills up really quickly, and the last file dump for SYSTEM has it's dumping bar appear at the top of the screen, overwriting previous messages... But i think the SYSTEM file dumps and verifies correctly.
Oh I see. I'll need to fix it. The error messages are important to know what happened.

The EPRINTFs below are the possible verification messages:
https://github.com/nwert/hekate/com...c94#diff-799c7cc4c061751437d68637b5d9ae27R684

Reactions: eldgrim001

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i just dumped the eMMC SYS for a third time now, thinking that i could maybe make a photo on how the log screen looks, and.... suddenly, they dump and verify OK. The only thing i did differently, is that i put the SD card into the switch AFTER booting into RCM (i deleted the old dumps via PC).

IIRC, the errors were just "Verification failed.." twice in a row and "Press any key and try again." which you obviously can't do on a multi-file dump, but it said it anyway and that took up a lot of space.

Last edited by Krude,

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, i cleaned off all the dumps from my SD card again and re-ran the SYS dump for the 4th time. They all go through verification just fine now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really weird. I'll take my chances and run a full raw dump again... and hope it doen't fail verification this time.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay, i cleaned off all the dumps from my SD card again and re-ran the SYS dump for the 4th time. They all go through verification just fine now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really weird. I'll take my chances and run a full raw dump again... and hope it doen't fail verification this time.
Maybe it was a dirty unmount which was fixed subsequently with mounting it to your pc and then proper unmounting.
(The desktop fat32/exfat drivers have more proper sanitization and error checking than the tiny FatFs driver).

Or some bad sectors that fixed themselves though rewriting.

Reactions: Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?