[RCM Payload] Hekate - CTCaer mod

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CTCaer, May 1, 2018.

1. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Question, how does this affect tomGER files or why it didnt work on 6.2 already? I'm jsut trying to learn things about switch and how it works.

Isnt hekate a booloader ? its not a CFW so it should work regardless of CFW as far as I knew. I mean, SXOS CFW or reinx dont work on 6.2, but you can launch SXOS payload , this would be the same.

Reecey likes this.
  2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I cannot see why not you can boot into the sx menu on 6.2.0 but not the actual cfw itself so if you boot into sx start v4.5 Hekate up through options and boot sx payload through that it should work. I was going to try now but smash comes tomorrow I don't want to mess up because of this

Last edited by Reecey, Dec 6, 2018
  3. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Thank you for all your diligent work @CTCaer. And thanks to all others involved.

MushGuy and CTCaer like this.
  4. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    What really does the "Auto HOS power off option"?
    I dont really get it why someone should use it.

5. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Wish i would've had this in time for the Black Friday eShop deals.

But hey, i'm still very grateful that i can finally update and have internet access again! Thank you.

6. Adrian5

Adrian5 Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2011
    Canada
    Removed this post so people don't get the wrong impression. The new version of hekate works fine on 6.2. Thanks for the great work.

Last edited by Adrian5, Dec 7, 2018
  7. shchmue

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    what firmware you on? working fine on 6.2.0 for me

8. Adrian5

Adrian5 Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2011
    Canada
    Never mind, user error and i selected an old hekate by accident. Thanks.

Last edited by Adrian5, Dec 7, 2018
  9. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Well as we know, powering off the Switch with AutoRCM enabled will reboot into RCM mode rather than actually powering off the Switch. The option makes it so that once the Switch reboots and hekate is loaded again, it will power off the system automatically.

It is mostly useful for people using an internal modchip where hekate is re-sent automatically on reboot.

pandavova and noctis90210 like this.
  10. Nazosan

Nazosan GBAtemp Fan

May 12, 2009
    United States
    Maybe it's buried in there among the many recent pages, but I'm curious why it just suddenly jumped from 4.2 to 4.5 and there's no changelog. Obviously 6.2.0 improvements are in there now, but what all has changed? Anything cool?

BTW, I've had more troubles with auto HOS off. It's a nice convenience, but not worth it IMO. The chip kept sort of getting stuck somehow with that. Better to leave it off IMO and just deal with having to manually shut off via the menu.

Last edited by Nazosan, Dec 7, 2018
  11. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    You could still load the older version hekate bootloader if you were on 6.2, but it couldn't derive the new keys, so couldn't boot into HOS and maybe some other features wouldn't work. You could still do stuff like a full nand dump, that didn't require the keys.

Changelog is on the github release page the main man posted.

Nazosan likes this.
  12. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    So we can turn off the switch the proper way now by holding power button 3 sec them choose turnoff?

13. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Yes and no. You still have to resend the hekate payload for the feature to actually work so it’s mostly useful for people using a modchip.

14. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    hi, im trying to restore my NAND from before i installed the leaked smash .nsp, butwhen i try to 'Restore eMMC Raw GPP' i get:

Fatal Error <2> when reading from SD Card
    Your device may be in an inoperative state!

My device works fine and everything so idk what to do here... Any help? thanks

EDIT: idr what version of hekate i did this backup with, but I remember i had too move all 3 backup files around for it to be recognized in Hekate.
    4.5 and 4.2 are giving me this error. I cant find any info of this error on google. Switch is on 6.1.0 using SX Os, NAND backup is from earlier 6.1.0 as well.

Last edited by juins, Dec 8, 2018 at 7:13 AM
  15. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Dev & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Got 3 times a red/orange screen when launching CFW with latest Kosmos SD Files. If I copy atmosphere 0.8.2 to the SD, it directly crashes on boot.

16. YumiChan

YumiChan Newbie

Newcomer
    Sunday
    Japan
    Otomori, Japan
    Great boot with Reinx